Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730?

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #22  
Just ordered 2 1/2" spacers from Motorsport_tech for my JD 4300.
$300 including shipping.

How do you navigate the web site to find prices?

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #23  
How do you navigate the web site to find prices?

I called Motorsport-tech at 775-351-1000, talked to Mark and found they don't have prices on the site. But they give you the price over the phone once you describe your machine, bolt pattern, bolt circle and thickness, address etc. You feel like your talking to the CNC operator, not an order taker. There is also no feeling like you've got to pull the trigger right then.
It was good experience for me.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #24  
And I had the same experience as did B58.

I started out on eBay, and found a few options. Then asked a question through eBay. With the response from M-t, and a telephone number so we would be sure to have a good understanding of the bolt holes, the bolt size, the diameter of the large hole in the center of the rim, and the exact spacing of the bolt holes (mine was 6 bolt so across like 3 oclock to 9 oclock) we had an order made up. Price was right and we made a deal.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #25  
In searching this forum for spacers I came across a different thread that talks about "not using spacers" if you have a backhoe. Is that because of the weight of the backhoe being hard on the axle bearings if used with spacers? If this is too far off topic I apologize.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730?
Can't really blame Unverferth for having a premium price on their products. They are hands down a fantastic product, built well, heavy, and they will manufacture any wheel product your heart desires.

True but they claimed in three emails regarding the subject that they only make 6" spacers standard and custom units are enormously marked up.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730?
In searching this forum for spacers I came across a different thread that talks about "not using spacers" if you have a backhoe. Is that because of the weight of the backhoe being hard on the axle bearings if used with spacers? If this is too far off topic I apologize.

It's a great place for your question. I've been looking for an answer myself. My final decision to get spacers is that I'll never hang a backhoe on my tractor, the most it'll ever see is the MX5 and the 300CX loader with lift an M&M grapple with snipped red cedar so I don't think I'll ever task any aspect of the tractor to the limit.

What is getting tasked to the max is my tired old 94 6.5 TD that'll be towing the thing 100 miles round trip and I'm not going to ballast my tires to make matter's worse for it.

I'd sure appreciate contrary opinions, though.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #28  

Like you I've been watching this thread to see if the spaces/backhoe topic surfaced. I've been thinking about adding 2" spaces but the backhoe part makes me nervous.

Matt

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #29  
I have the skidsteer extensions on my 3720. Four inches per side, so two 2" extension per side. All overtorqued by 5% and Blue Locktited. Here's the thread describing the install etc...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-jd-cut-wheel-spacer-answer.html#post2040795

So they have been on there a year and a half. All late last summer I did backhoe work, tons of it. Several hundred feet of trench, plus some stumps, etc. No issues at all. I check them often visually and have not had cause to put a wrench on the bolts to tighten anything either.
You could not pry the extensions from my hands now for anything. Well, maybe money. Yea, lots of money would do it.

/ Unvenferth Spacers on a JD3730? #30  
I have the skidsteer extensions on my 3720. Four inches per side, so two 2" extension per side. All overtorqued by 5% and Blue Locktited. Here's the thread describing the install etc...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-jd-cut-wheel-spacer-answer.html#post2040795

So they have been on there a year and a half. All late last summer I did backhoe work, tons of it. Several hundred feet of trench, plus some stumps, etc. No issues at all. I check them often visually and have not had cause to put a wrench on the bolts to tighten anything either.
You could not pry the extensions from my hands now for anything. Well, maybe money. Yea, lots of money would do it.

So are you saying that the issue with using spacers with a backhoe , as you see it, is the hardware not staying torqued?