RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics"

/ RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics" #1  

Jamming

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R
Hello, I thought i would post a short review and install of a rear safety camera.
I find it hard to look backwards all the time while using my Box blade and other attachments. So i tried a mirror and it was a bit of a waste of time and money, Convex mirror worked just ok because of the awkward view and no depth perception, so i bought the 7" rear view safety camera system, it supports upto 4 cameras and has night vision and fully shockproof and waterproof. Of course it was $349 and much more expensive than a mirror.
But i have found it to be very handy when running rear blades and has a very clear picture in color, its a mirror image camera so its like looking backwards.
Took about a hour or so to used to using it, but i have found it to be very useful. I am going to buy another camera and plug it in for distant view also but for now its pointing down at the ground for box blade etc usage. Mounted up in the canopy its a little shakey at idle but underway its fine. The cables and mounting hardware is also high quality in stainless, but the camera mount screws were a little small so i decided to use my own stainless 7/16 bolts and mount it in my rear top. The camera itself is very nice aluminum and heavier than expected, very nice quality. At night i was surprised how well it picked up light and i didnt even need rear lights on to see clear when plowing snow. The install was very straight forward and all watertight connectors, the cable to the camera was a little long for a tractor but i just put the extra up into the canopy out of sight. They do offer a shorter cable that i might bu when i purchase another camera. The systme also has a water resistant remote control if you need to change setting on the go. Very nice setup and works better than expected. Enjoy !

Attachments

• DSCN2274.JPG
    DSCN2274.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 396
  • DSCN2279.JPG
    DSCN2279.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN2284.JPG
    DSCN2284.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN2285.JPG
    DSCN2285.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN2289.JPG
    DSCN2289.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 498
   / RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics" #2  
Jamming
Looks good.
Was it model # RVS-770613 ?

/ RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics"
7709900 model number ordered

/ RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics" #4  
I have the same system with 2 cameras.

Unfortunately my tractor is stored outside and it's been way to cold to get things installed.

I bolted one camera to the Harbor Freight magnetic welding clamp. That way I can put it anywhere needed on the the FEL arms and get pics of the front of the bucket or tips of the forklift forks.

The second camera will be mounted at the top of the cab movable between the front or rear lights....

/ RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics" #5  
Nice setup.

What brand is that camera system? Is the monitor high enough resolution to see detail?

I have the same system with 2 cameras.

Unfortunately my tractor is stored outside and it's been way to cold to get things installed.

I bolted one camera to the Harbor Freight magnetic welding clamp. That way I can put it anywhere needed on the the FEL arms and get pics of the front of the bucket or tips of the forklift forks.

The second camera will be mounted at the top of the cab movable between the front or rear lights....

The magnet idea is great, will look for a magnet mount for the second camera. :thumbsup:

Nice setup.

What brand is that camera system? Is the monitor high enough resolution to see detail?

Its not HD but certainly good for the setup. I can see small gravel on it when using the box blade.

/ RVS "Rear View Safety" Camera install short review "pics" #9  
Looks good, much better than having to twist arouind and look.

Looks good, much better than having to twist arouind and look.

Yep for sure ! Kills my neck. And it's a decent deal and the quality is great.