4320 Cab Air

/ 4320 Cab Air #1  

bbraud6

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 4120
Anyone have any problems with cab air, heat, or other cab issues on 4000 series john deere? Ran into my dealer this weekend at an outdoor sportsmans show where he was set up showing kubota and john deere for sale, he sells both. Anyway he asked me about my 3320 deere and if i wanted to upgrade. What the heck i'll bite make me an offer. Thought he was kidding so i said i'll pass by on my way out. Well sure enough about two hours later i pass his set up to say bye and he hands me a sheet offering me 15K on my 3320 open station with 300x loader with 560 hrs which i purchased in 2005 for 18K. Always wanted a cab/air but have only owned open station john deere compacts. Okay, kind of caught me offguard so i said price me a 3720 cab with 300 cx loader and a 4320 cab with 400cx loader and call me with numbers this week. First thing monday he calls me with this, 3720 cab loader on build and configure $39058 retail, he says 34,900, $19900 difference with trade. 4320 cab loader on build and configure $44,274 retail, he says $36,900 $21,900 difference with trade. Now i'm interested and will go in to crunch numbers further on the 4320, question is are the cab air tractors any more reliable or unreliable as my open station john deere 3320 and 770 were both problem free from day one. If i pull the trigger i plan on this being a 20 year tractor now that i'm recently retired will get plenty seat time.

/ 4320 Cab Air #2  
Sounds like a good deal. At least he didn't insult you and is actually trying for your business, that's a rare thing nowadays.

I have no experience owning any of the 3x20 or 4x20 series machines, so my opinion is based strictly off of research, but I have seen very little issues with cab models. I think only once have I read about a seal that was bad and the cab leaked, but it was replaced under warranty and the guy never had trouble afterwards.

Definitely get the radio kit from the factory if you do this, it's much easier to just change out the factory deck, then trying to add all of that stuff by yourself. Having a cab is one of those things that once you have it, you would never go back to not having it. The weather can do whatever it wants, at any time of the year, and conditions inside the cab never change, so you can work any time if you have to or want to, in complete comfort, without ear protection on!

I don't know how much property you have or what you want to do with your machine, but I would choose the 4320 over the 3720. You gain a bigger loader, more lift capacity, a larger frame, more capacity on the 3PT, and a 4 cylinder engine over a 3 cylinder engine. The power difference is very noticeable from what I have read. Stepping into a 3720 from a 3320 only gains you HP and a turbocharger, and obviously the cab. You are still in the same frame size, so you wont gain any capacity in the loader or 3PT areas. For a few more bananas, here is your chance to step into a bigger, much more capable machine.

Definitely get the 400CX over the 400X loader. It is a much better setup and has higher capacities as well. The biggest positive, it is self leveling. Once you have a self leveling loader you wouldn't want to go back to a 300CX.

Just my $0.02

/ 4320 Cab Air #3  
Bought my 4720/w cab in 2010 and haven't looked back. Not one bit of trouble.

JPC

/ 4320 Cab Air #4  
I think the 4000 and 3000 series share the exact same cab

/ 4320 Cab Air #5  
4320 looks like the better deal of the two

/ 4320 Cab Air
Thank's for the input, will visit dealer this week to finalize decision and numbers. I've pretty much put the ball in his court since he approached me about my tractor. If he shoots straight like he did on my last tractor i will definitely pull the trigger.

/ 4320 Cab Air #7  
Hmm, I thought the cab on the 4000 series might be bigger, but I would ask the dealer. If they are the same size, then the 4320 would be much better and more stable with the cab than the 3720. In addition, you are getting ~11% off for the 3720 versus getting ~17% off on the 4320. No doubt that the 4320 is a better deal with a larger chassis and an enormous torque benefit from the PowerTech engine.

3720 fuel consumption at 100% load = 2.8 gal/hr.
3720 engine torque at 2600 RPMs = 84.3 ft/lb.

4320 fuel consumption at 100% load = 2.67 gal/hr.
4320 engine torque at 2400 RPMs = 101.98 ft/lb.

/ 4320 Cab Air #8  
Nice deal on both but like others have mentioned the 4320 seems to be the better of the two. I have no problems with either air or heat, that comfort is a beautiful thing! Worth every penny :D

/ 4320 Cab Air #9  
I have had zero problems with the 4520 cab, the comfort it offers is great.

If you wan't a cab I would go with the 4320, the extra frame size is simply more capable for most jobs.

/ 4320 Cab Air #10  
did some research and the 4x20 cabs are the same as 3x20. No room will be gained so dont use that as a driving force