4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!!

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!!
Im loving my 4610 now! I had forgotten how fast it is. Its been 2 years of driving it with it gradually getting slower and slower. Now Im wide open catching up on all the stuff I'd gotten behind on! :)

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #12  
Thanks OleMiss... you saved me a bundle and got me back to work!

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #13  
Glad you found the problem no thanks to your dealers.My J.D. Dealer is Meade tractor in Abingdon Va. They are great to help and offer advice,

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #14  
I just had the same surging issue with my 110 tlb. It felt like an engine with a bad fuel filter. I narrowed it down to a transmission issue when at WOT under a load of the snow blower the engine didnt skip a beat. When moving the tractor it would buck like it was the sump in the trans was sucking air. Thanks to this forum it was an 5 min fix. The Flywheel speed sensor was faulty.

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #15  
^^^ Glad to help spread the word.

When mine first went out the Dealer said I could be looking at a transmission!!!

Congrats on a job well done.

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #16  
I just found this thread.

I just had the same issue, but it went away when the tractor got hauled to the dealer. I wonder if it hit a big enough bump to reconnect a bad connection. If it happens again, I'm gonna try this! Shoot for $67 bucks, it was be cheaper than other troubleshooting I've tried!

Thank you! This website is SO valuable because of these kinds of things

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #17  
Any idea where the sensor would be for 4720? my dad is having the same issue, but he cannot locate the sensor. JD just sent him the schematic, but that is not helping him. thanks

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #18  
Not sure... the sensors I've seen have a single wire to the location on the flywheel bell housing right about where your right foot can reach it it your tried.

Amazing what this one part failure can do... as mentioned my dealer said a transmission overhaul might be required.

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #19  
My dad has a 110 TLB and my brother has a 4520 that are roughly the same vintage (10 years old) and they both are having hydro issues similar to what has been explained here. We will take a look and hope this sensor is the culprit as I believe they both only have around 500 hours on them, have been well cared for and shouldn't have any excessive wear on the main hard parts (trans, etc).

LM

/ 4610 Surging Issue- Fixed!! #20  
The good news is the part is not expensive and easy to change out...