No Start Condition John Deere x595

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #1  

rdschomm54

Tractor
John Deere x595
Hello,
I just serviced my X595 and mowed about 4 hours. I stopped for about an hour and went to restart to continue but it will not start. Battery is good, starter checks out. I also checked seat switch, mower deck switch and the brake interlock swtch which are all good. I checked the fuses and relays all tested good. I turn the key on and hear a few clicks and everything lights up as normal. I turn the key to start position and hear one click and then nothing. Could this be the Ignition Module Switch combo? Not sure what it all controls.

Hopefully someone out there has had a similar experience.

Thanks!
Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #2  
rdschomm54 said:
Hello,
I just serviced my X595 and mowed about 4 hours. I stopped for about an hour and went to restart to continue but it will not start. Battery is good, starter checks out. I also checked seat switch, mower deck switch and the brake interlock swtch which are all good. I checked the fuses and relays all tested good. I turn the key on and hear a few clicks and everything lights up as normal. I turn the key to start position and hear one click and then nothing. Could this be the Ignition Module Switch combo? Not sure what it all controls.

Hopefully someone out there has had a similar experience.

Thanks!
Bob

Could be the fuel solenoid. Should be under $200 to fix it yourself.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #3  
You say battery is good....but how old is it?

Have you removed and cleaned the cables at the battery terminals?

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #4  
Put some jumper cables on it. If it starts, you probably need a new battery.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #5  
Put some jumper cables on it. If it starts, you probably need a new battery.
Agree, try jump starting after checking all battery connections. Or, do a battery load test if you have a load tester or have an auto parts store like Advance Auto test it. Batteries can fail suddenly just like you experienced. I've seen it many times.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
Thanks for the replies.

I checked the battery and it had a dead cell so replaced. Rechecked all switches and relays all checked good. Checked Ignition Module and to positions had no voltage when needed. Just bought new one and will install today. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

Bob

Again Thanks for the replies,

I replaced the Ignition Module/Switch Combination and everything works fine. 585 Hours on the Battery and the module. Not bad for the battery but the module should have lasted longer. I believe the weak battery had something to do with the module failing. Now I better get moving and mow my yard. I have 6 acres using a 62 inch deck. Takes me about 4-5 hours. BTW this is the first and only issue I have had with this tractor. Can't say the same for the deck though. I have had blade spindle issues almost since day one. Does any one know of an aftermarket spindle that improves this?

Thanks!

Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #8  
What is the "issue" ?
Bearings going out?

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #9  
I have 6 acres using a 62 inch deck. Takes me about 4-5 hours. BTW this is the first and only issue I have had with this tractor. Can't say the same for the deck though. I have had blade spindle issues almost since day one.
I had a X485, brother to your X595, for about 5 yrs till I traded for a 3720. The X485 had zero issues after about 500 meter hrs and 5 yrs I owned it --- mainly used for mowing 6 acres of lawn and clearing snow with snow blower on about 1/2 mile drive. Never had trouble with the X485 tractor, 62C deck or 47 blower. Just had to clean the radiator and screen quite often with compressed air. It's trade value was very high when I traded and the dealer sold it less than a week.

Yes, Housings with Bearings have been replaced several times. I grease them probably every third mow. 6 acres of flat ground and good smooth land. I hit an occasional tree branch but nothing else. I have replaced all three housings and bearings about six months ago last season. So far so good. It would be nice if you could get just the bearings and seals only and the housing was not powdered metal but a steel cast, etc.

Thanks!

Bob