Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere x595

Default No Start Condition John Deere x595

Hello,
    I just serviced my X595 and mowed about 4 hours. I stopped for about an hour and went to restart to continue but it will not start. Battery is good, starter checks out. I also checked seat switch, mower deck switch and the brake interlock swtch which are all good. I checked the fuses and relays all tested good. I turn the key on and hear a few clicks and everything lights up as normal. I turn the key to start position and hear one click and then nothing. Could this be the Ignition Module Switch combo? Not sure what it all controls.

Hopefully someone out there has had a similar experience.

Thanks!
    Bob

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4100

Quote Originally Posted by rdschomm54
    Hello,
    I just serviced my X595 and mowed about 4 hours. I stopped for about an hour and went to restart to continue but it will not start. Battery is good, starter checks out. I also checked seat switch, mower deck switch and the brake interlock swtch which are all good. I checked the fuses and relays all tested good. I turn the key on and hear a few clicks and everything lights up as normal. I turn the key to start position and hear one click and then nothing. Could this be the Ignition Module Switch combo? Not sure what it all controls.

Hopefully someone out there has had a similar experience.

Thanks!
    Bob
    Could be the fuel solenoid. Should be under $200 to fix it yourself.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: No Start Condition John Deere x595

You say battery is good....but how old is it?

Have you removed and cleaned the cables at the battery terminals?

Tractor
    JD 2720

Put some jumper cables on it. If it starts, you probably need a new battery.
    HAVE FUN

Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72, Kubota RTV-X1100C

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
    Put some jumper cables on it. If it starts, you probably need a new battery.
    Agree, try jump starting after checking all battery connections. Or, do a battery load test if you have a load tester or have an auto parts store like Advance Auto test it. Batteries can fail suddenly just like you experienced. I've seen it many times.

Tractor
    John Deere x595

Thanks for the replies.

I checked the battery and it had a dead cell so replaced. Rechecked all switches and relays all checked good. Checked Ignition Module and to positions had no voltage when needed. Just bought new one and will install today. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

Bob

Tractor
    John Deere x595

Again Thanks for the replies,

I replaced the Ignition Module/Switch Combination and everything works fine. 585 Hours on the Battery and the module. Not bad for the battery but the module should have lasted longer. I believe the weak battery had something to do with the module failing. Now I better get moving and mow my yard. I have 6 acres using a 62 inch deck. Takes me about 4-5 hours. BTW this is the first and only issue I have had with this tractor. Can't say the same for the deck though. I have had blade spindle issues almost since day one. Does any one know of an aftermarket spindle that improves this?

Thanks!

Bob

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

What is the "issue" ?
    Bearings going out?

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72, Kubota RTV-X1100C

Quote Originally Posted by rdschomm54 View Post
    I have 6 acres using a 62 inch deck. Takes me about 4-5 hours. BTW this is the first and only issue I have had with this tractor. Can't say the same for the deck though. I have had blade spindle issues almost since day one.
    I had a X485, brother to your X595, for about 5 yrs till I traded for a 3720. The X485 had zero issues after about 500 meter hrs and 5 yrs I owned it --- mainly used for mowing 6 acres of lawn and clearing snow with snow blower on about 1/2 mile drive. Never had trouble with the X485 tractor, 62C deck or 47 blower. Just had to clean the radiator and screen quite often with compressed air. It's trade value was very high when I traded and the dealer sold it less than a week.

Tractor
    John Deere x595

Yes, Housings with Bearings have been replaced several times. I grease them probably every third mow. 6 acres of flat ground and good smooth land. I hit an occasional tree branch but nothing else. I have replaced all three housings and bearings about six months ago last season. So far so good. It would be nice if you could get just the bearings and seals only and the housing was not powdered metal but a steel cast, etc.

Thanks!

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast