60 MMM auto connect question

/ 60 MMM auto connect question #1  

jimfuel100

While looking at the 1026R...I saw a garden hose port on the mowing deck.

The salesman says this is for cleaning under the deck.

Anyone use this?

How effective is it?

/ 60 MMM auto connect question #2  
Three things come to mind.

One is a safety concern, as the water has to be turned on and then the mower deck operated. Can be done, but cumbersome.

Two, there needs to be a place for the wet grass juice and water to run off. Don't want it in the lawn or the drive or running down the gutter.

Three would be my interest in keeping the deck as dry as possible, not wet. And I don't find a buildup of much debris like grass etc. under my decks. Mowing when grass is not wet and having some sticks and hickory nut husks prolly helps that.

That said, some may like using the water connection to clean their decks. Just not I. ;)

/ 60 MMM auto connect question #3  
I've never used one but it seams to be a great way to make a mess. If I had this mower, I think I would rather take the deck off and lift it up with a boom pole or the FEL and clean it. But I would have to try the wash port once just to see how well it works.

/ 60 MMM auto connect question #4  
I have the 60d with the hose attachment on my 1026r. I use it and it seems to work. When I remove my deck for cleaning, I'll usually raise the deck and check/clean underneath it. When I do this, theres rarely anything caked up underneath. When I use the attachment, I run the deck at the suggested cutting rpm for at least two minutes.

/ 60 MMM auto connect question #6  
I've never used the port on mine. I try not to mow wet grass and I clean it once a year in the fall by mowing leaves. Run through the leaves and acorns for an hour or so and it's pretty clean.