1026R TLB weight

/ 1026R TLB weight #1  

Deerefaninct

Tractor
John Deere 1026R TLB
Just got my JD 1026R TLB last week. Great machine. Very impressed so far. Looking for a trailer for it now. Anybody know what the total weight is with the front loader and backhoe on it? Can't find it anywhere on the JD website.

/ 1026R TLB weight #2  
just from a quick search i came up with a weight of 1440 for the machine and 610 pounds for the hoe. cant find the wieght for the loader but cant imagine it would be any more than the hoe. With that being said, a standard 5 x10 single axle landscape trailer will haul that whole unit. 5x10 landscape trailers max weight is 3000 pounds but i have hauled over that no problem. You will most likely need a 12 foot trailer at minimum though becaucse the lenght of your machine. As far as weight goes, your unit is pretty light. Here is something else to consider though; how much do you plan to haul the machine and how far do you plan to haul it? If your hauling long distances and frequently, you may want to step up to a tandem axle trailer for stability.

/ 1026R TLB weight #3  
Congratulations, you're going to love the new TLB.

I think you are going to need at least a 14 foot trailer with a 5000 pound axle. But the floor on that type of trailer may be high enough to give you some loading problems. There are used 16 foot trailers with two 3500 pound axles for sale every where. They are easier to load and sell if you ever out grow it.

/ 1026R TLB weight #4  
just from a quick search i came up with a weight of 1440 for the machine and 610 pounds for the hoe. cant find the wieght for the loader but cant imagine it would be any more than the hoe. With that being said, a standard 5 x10 single axle landscape trailer will haul that whole unit. 5x10 landscape trailers max weight is 3000 pounds but i have hauled over that no problem. You will most likely need a 12 foot trailer at minimum though becaucse the lenght of your machine.

Even if it fits, I doubt it could be balanced for proper tongue weight -- with a short bed single axle trailer, you have almost no room for adjustment. I had to get a 16' deck trailer to allow enough space to balance a tractor that is only slightly heavier than the 1026. With a box blade on back the FEL is almost to the front rail of the trailer in order to get the tongue weight in the right range.

/ 1026R TLB weight #5  
I haul mine backwards on a 12' landscape trailer. Loading forward puts all the weight behind the trailer axle. I have to fold the backhoe to the side and sit the bucket in the front corner. It works well.

This album has pictures of what your tractor can do. Don't be fooled by the people on here that would call it a toy. I've also learned that mini ex and skid steer are the way to go for the projects I do. :)

http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/backhoeworks/