EZTrack Z445 Engine Problems

/ EZTrack Z445 Engine Problems #1  

wmmiller1973

Tractor
John Deere EZTrak Z445
I have a 2009 model Z445, Kawasaki 25 HP motor, and 75 hours of operation; all maintenance has been kept current and I run Ethanol-free gas that is treated with Stabil. Last summer it started surging during operation, then cutting completely out. This would happen intermittently during operation, and didn't seem to matter whether the blades were engaged or not; some times I could keep re-starting it and get through the job, other times I had to let it sit and cool down. It might run great for an hour, then it might not run for two minutes at a time. I replaced spark plugs, oil filter, air filter, and the fuel pump. I removed and cleaned the gas tank. I blew out the gas lines. Nothing helped. A couple of weeks ago I pulled it out for the first mowing and it immediately did the same thing, so I finally broke down and hauled it to the nearest John Deere service center.

They told me there was a problem with fuel delivery, and they disassembled and cleaned the carb, the fuel lines, and the tank. They called me and said they had tested it and it was great. I picked it up this past Saturday, and with great anticipation, I pulled it off the trailer and mowed about 500 feet, at which point it did the same thing all over.

I pulled the air filter off and treated the carb directly with sea foam. I let it sit, then fired it up and let it blow all the white smoke out. It sounded great and ran great. I let it run for 10 minutes plus and actually began to think I was on to something...at least until I tried to mow again and it quit on me.

John Deere picked it up yesterday, and I am wondering what this could possibly be. I am no expert, but it seems that we have ruled the fuel system out. Could this be electrical? I am wondering if, since it seems to run great when the emergency brake is set, if I could have a problem with the seat switch.

Any suggestions / ideas are appreciated.

/ EZTrack Z445 Engine Problems
Sorry all...I just realized that I posted under the wrong area. I will post in lawn and garden.

/ EZTrack Z445 Engine Problems #3  
All simptoms seem to indicate fuel, but, I have had coils and electronic "boxes" do similar things to me.

/ EZTrack Z445 Engine Problems #4  
just repaired that same engine stalling under a load ,engaging blades or cutting in high grass relpaced one coil that was breaking down must be able to check coil while running