Motorsport Tech Spacers

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers
They shipped out today, 1 May. I'm so excited I feel like I'm listening for Santa's sleigh...come to think of it, the UPS guy is a jolly old soul.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #22  
I'll have to try to match ya Dan.
Left Sparks, NV at 12:10 am May 1.
Scheduled for delivery sometime before end o day Friday.
Loaded tires so will have to handle them with care. Putting new skins on the fronts in the morning.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #23  
Arrived today. They look great, and now hope they fit just as great as they look.
They fit, and all looks great.

Attachments

• 100_2049.jpg
    100_2049.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_2050.jpg
    100_2050.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_2051.JPG
    100_2051.JPG
    913.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
   / Motorsport Tech Spacers #24  
Tried them out today on some sloped woods roads I use for logging, and they offer some great comfort level. :thumbsup:

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #25  
Well guys, I got my 3 inch spacers 2 days ago. But they still sit on the workbench because I screwed up my shoulder and wrist taking down a deck 2 weeks ago. Greg_C, Beenthere and Dan Hunter have showed us there install so until I get some strength back, here are some closeups of the product out of the box.

These things are like jewels. I thought the threaded holes for the wheel studs would be blind holes, but as you see they go straight thru with thread cutting stopping about halfway. The bolts they supply to attach the spacer to the hub have a 17mm head and of course the same thread as the factory bolts(14mm x 1.5mm pitch).

According to my scale they weigh 10.2 lbs. each. For some reason I thought the hub side would be machined in relief to accept the axle's flange, but as you see they simply radius(ed) them to performed the same capturing function.

For all you guys thinking about ordering them the 3 inchers on a 8 x 8 bolt pattern cost $465 including shipping and took 35 days to arrive.

My only concern in the future will be salt contamination from snow removal, but I think Fluid Film would solve that. Do you think so?

Attachments

• Wheel spacers 001.jpg
    Wheel spacers 001.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Wheel spacers 002.jpg
    Wheel spacers 002.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Wheel spacers 003.jpg
    Wheel spacers 003.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Wheel spacers 004.jpg
    Wheel spacers 004.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 174
  • Wheel spacers 007.jpg
    Wheel spacers 007.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 271
   / Motorsport Tech Spacers #26  
For some reason I thought the hub side would be machined in relief to accept the axle's flange
I think you mean the hub flange. Mine were. The hub flange fit right inside the spacer, in fact the hub flange supported the spacer before I even inserted the first bolt. That permitted a perfectly flush mating between the hub face and the spacer. Unless I misunderstood what you're describing, you might want to mention it to MotoSport before you install them.

//greg//

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #27  
I think you mean the hub flange. Mine were. The hub flange fit right inside the spacer, in fact the hub flange supported the spacer before I even inserted the first bolt. That permitted a perfectly flush mating between the hub face and the spacer. Unless I misunderstood what you're describing, you might want to mention it to MotoSport before you install them.

//greg//

To say it another way, it looks like the hub side of the spacer has the radius but then entire depth of the inside of the spacer(until you get to the wheel side) is the same diameter as the outside of the tractor's hub. It looks like the radius just acts as an anti-nick feature. But you have a good point and I plan on going to the JD shop where they are working on a 3320 with the small R4s that has the wheels off while they work on some problem. Will call MotoSport if something is screwed.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #28  
To say it another way, it looks like the hub side of the spacer has the radius but then entire depth of the inside of the spacer(until you get to the wheel side) is the same diameter as the outside of the tractor's hub. It looks like the radius just acts as an anti-nick feature. But you have a good point and I plan on going to the JD shop where they are working on a 3320 with the small R4s that has the wheels off while they work on some problem. Will call MotoSport if something is screwed.

Back from the dealer service dept and everything works...spacer to hub and wheel to spacer.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #29  
Just curious, has anyone ran these spacers with a mmm? Wondering if there is any interference with rubbing of the back tires.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers
The dealer installed my spacers without any questions. The guy that actually turned the torque wrench stated that he was quite impressed with them.

In conclusion, I'm tremendously happy with the product and would highly recommend them.

Die, thread, die.