Motorsport Tech Spacers

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I have four 4" spacers on the way. I talked to Lenny and he was quite patient with me.

Attachments

• spacers.jpg
    spacers.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 256
   / Motorsport Tech Spacers #2  
Good to hear Dan.
Mine are on the way, and have JR to thank for the order details.
Anxious to get them and put them on the JD 4300

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #3  
Extremely pleased with my 4" set. But since my rears are ballasted, I didn't want to go through the agony of mating the hub bolt holes with the spacer studs. So in place of the studs, I had them tap and taper lug bolt holes. That way I only have to maneuver a 500# plus tire and rim over the hub lip, instead of havin' to thread the needle with 8 protruding studs.

//greg//

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #4  
greg
That is the way they are doing mine as well.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #5  
Extremely pleased with my 4" set. But since my rears are ballasted, I didn't want to go through the agony of mating the hub bolt holes with the spacer studs. So in place of the studs, I had them tap and taper lug bolt holes. That way I only have to maneuver a 500# plus tire and rim over the hub lip, instead of havin' to thread the needle with 8 protruding studs.

//greg//

I have to ask....Isn't it easier to put a wheel on studs than to try line it up and stand there pushing on a tire while trying to thread a bolt in???

At least once the rim falls onto the studs its lined up and just to put a nut on.....thats what i'd rather have anyway.

Of course this is with a good air jack so it is easy to put the hub up and down as needed.

I've changed many many tractor and combine tires as well as trucks and vehicles. Once i get one with studs its a piece of cake i think.

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #6  
At least once the rim falls onto the studs its lined up and just to put a nut on.....thats what i'd rather have anyway.
Therein lies the problem, without specialized installation equipment that is. For me it's easier to manhandle a 500+ pound wheel and tire to within an inch or so of one big round spacer lip - than it is to finesse it over 8 little protruding studs. I need only start one lug bolt, then use it to pull the rim to the hub. After that, the other 7 holes line right up

//greg//

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #7  
If you dont mind me asking what is the cost of the spacers?

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #9  
That's consistent with what I paid; one pair of 4" machined aluminum spacers (unpainted) and 16 tapered lug bolts compatible with the 3720 hubs was $505 plus $25 freight.

//greg//

/ Motorsport Tech Spacers #10  
If you dont mind me asking what is the cost of the spacers?

The two 6-bolt spacers I just ordered were $275 plus $25 shipping. They were 2 1/2" in thickness.