what size plow

/ what size plow #1  

oscer

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4110
Hi fellas, I haven't been on this forum for a good while although it was a big help to me when I was buying my tractor . I have a 2005 4110 with R4s and I fabed up a plow out of an old garden tractor plow. It is slowly being destroyed and I'm starting to think about replacing it. I was wondering what size bottom(s) you guys are pulling with this size tractor. Thanks for any sugestions.

/ what size plow #2  
That is a tough call as I don't pull my one-bottom Dearborn plow with my 4300 because it has R4's. Just too wide to run in the furrow for the 14" mouldboard plow. It works great on a tractor with ag tires.

But power-wise, you should be able to pull a 14" one bottom if on the three point. If pull type, then a 12" one bottom because of traction.

And traction just may be a problem with your R4's and a 3ph plow too. ??

/ what size plow
Your right Beenthere the tire definately doesn't want to ride in the furrow.

/ what size plow #4  
I am using a brinly 12" plow on my 4110 w/R1 tires. A larger plow would be nice as it feels a bit slow.
The only other issue I have with this plow is the throat clearance is somewhat small since it was originally intended for a garden tractor. I have had some issues with it plugging occasionally.