Mowing 1026R mower lift?

/ 1026R mower lift? #1  

cottermac

Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I'm about to purchase a new 1026R and was wondering which was more preferred for raising the mower, with the 3pt or the independent lift? I know they want another $750 for the independent lift and wasn't sure if is was worth it.

Last edited:
   / 1026R mower lift? #2  
Certainly the independent lift would be preferred, but up to you if it is worth the extra bucks. For those bucks you will get to use your 3 ph without removing the mower (or without tying it off some way).

If you know you will have no use for the 3 ph other than raising the deck, not worth the extra bucks.

Both systems will raise the mower much the same, so that is a wash.

Good on your purchase. :)

/ 1026R mower lift? #3  
I got the hydraulic lift option for lifting the mower deck and it was no where near $750. I will check and see what I paid. There is some installation time involved which wasn't separated from the total to install of all the options.

I prefer the hydraulic control over the three point hitch control myself. Others may disagree but I think its a beneficial option.

/ 1026R mower lift?
Thanks Tcowner. I am between two dealerships one is quoting 16000 and the other is at 16750 and the only differences is the lift option. The only down fall I see to the independent lift is having to unhooking the loader to raise and lower the deck. Let me know what you find it will be greatly appreciated.

/ 1026R mower lift? #5  
I don't know about the 1026R, but we have one on our 2305 and had to replace the lift cylinder out of warranty and it was pretty expensive. The lift lets the deck "settle" pretty quick which our dealer says is normal, we don't like it.

/ 1026R mower lift? #6  
I had the manual on the 2305 and disliked it. There were pieces you had to take on/off with the 3pt arms when removing/adding the backhoe and I didn't like the hassle. So when it came time to upgrade to a 1026R, I got the hydraulic option (and that lasted less than a week).

Having the hydraulic was an extra plug I had to wrangle in that tighly packed zone with the FEL disconnects (and keep out of the muck). Additionally on the 1026R the manual lift is always there and is no additional work. If you lock the lift arms up after you lift them then the 3pt is completely free. Because of this you won't have an issue unless you want to adjust the mower at the exact same time as adjusting the 3pt. Which really isn't an issue.

As was said above, this is a personal choice and both options do the job fine. In the end though I just couldn't see a real situation where the hydraulic provided me something extra, it cost more, and it actually added a bit of hassle. This is one situation where experience with the 2XXX setups really didn't apply to the 1026R. I spoke with my dealer the day of the delivery when all this came home to me and they agreed. They now don't recommend that option as a "hassle remover" like they do on the 2XXX tractors and the exchanged it for the manual for me (crediting the difference). Things like that are why I think so highly of dealer... Above and beyond.

/ 1026R mower lift? #7  
Thanks Tcowner. I am between two dealerships one is quoting 16000 and the other is at 16750 and the only differences is the lift option. The only down fall I see to the independent lift is having to unhooking the loader to raise and lower the deck. Let me know what you find it will be greatly appreciated.

Nothing has to be un-hooked. A control valve is placed on the right rear fender and two additional ports are placed beside the existing four for the FEL. To use the mower either pull the control valve out or push it in, I forget which (Old Age) The mower lift works great. A good investment.

/ 1026R mower lift? #8  
Nothing has to be un-hooked. A control valve is placed on the right rear fender and two additional ports are placed beside the existing four for the FEL. To use the mower either pull the control valve out or push it in, I forget which (Old Age) The mower lift works great. A good investment.

Just to be clear, (unless something has changed) the independent lift and the diverter valve are two separate options. On my 2320 I have the independent lift but not the diverter and I have to switch hoses to change from deck lift to bucket curl. I didn't see any reason to pay more for the diverter for my use.

/ 1026R mower lift? #9  
I have a question. We just bought the 1026R with the hydraulic lift option. It is terrible with this whole thing about pulling the hoses in and out. While I was not keen about the three point hitch raising and lowering the mower deck (in case you had something on the back like a tiller), the flipping of the hoses stinks.

What is this diverter valve? Does it have a part number or option number? If that allows us to skip the steps of pulling hoses out constantly, Im all in.

/ 1026R mower lift? #10  
The deck being lifted by the three point hitch cylinder was the best option imo. To use the 3PH you can lock the deck in the up position easily with the cut depth control knob. For most ground engaging task I would remove the deck anyway. I put an IMatch on the rear so it is easy to drop the rear implements when I need to mow. On my x749 I opted for the cat 1 3PH, rear pto and the IMatch. Didn't see the point of the independent lift and diverter valve.

The IMatch hitch was a cheaper and better solution than the independent lift and diverter valve.

It seems like all the 40hp and under new tractors would (or should) have better options for more valves but that raises the cost.