X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #1  

tdurham

Tractor
X485
I have just noticed that oil is slightly leaking from the sensor to the right of the oil filter. It has a single wire connected to it. Can anyone tell me what this sensor is and should I just get a replacement sensor to correct the leak?

Thanks for any help!
Tim

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #2  
Have you tried tightening it up? or removing it to see if an o-ring or gasket is messed up? or if it then looks like the sensor itself is leaking?

I didn't find what you refer to in jdparts.

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter
I cleaned it up and removed the sensor, put some thread tape and a rubber o ring on it. But it is leaking at the end I believe. I think it is for oil pressure ???. Anyway you can see from the picture it is dripping as I took the shot.

Maybe this whole part needs to be replaced. It is a metal piece with what seems like a ceramic insert. The wire attached to the end of the hard rubber or ceramic black middle piece.

Thanks again for any help.
Tim

Attachments

• X485-Oil-Leak.jpg
    X485-Oil-Leak.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 2,284
   / X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #4  
Looks to be what you think. It is part no. M152192

They appear to be around $18

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #5  
I have just noticed that oil is slightly leaking from the sensor to the right of the oil filter. It has a single wire connected to it. Can anyone tell me what this sensor is and should I just get a replacement sensor to correct the leak?

Thanks for any help!
Tim

Did you fix the oil leak? Was it the sensor or gasket?
I am having the same problem on my X485.

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #6  
I am having this same leaking problem on my 425 AWS. Before I buy the part, is there a fix short of getting a new part, like an o ring or something?

Thank you

/ X485 - Leaking oil at sensor to right of oil filter #7  
I am having this same leaking problem on my 425 AWS. Before I buy the part, is there a fix short of getting a new part, like an o ring or something?

Thank you

After having the same leak, I recommend replacing the sender. Realize this is a small leak but replacement of the sensor is the best solution.