New tractor ended up in the pond

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #11  
Best to let runaway vehicles go. My brother-in-law tried to catch a runaway truck and it cost him his life. Just let them go, they will stop on their own.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #12  
Yeah and dont feel bad about not spinning the wheel. It could have rolled, rolled over you, or at least hit something. You got off pretty easy on this one, no worries.

And I dont think i would have started it if it wasnt necessary. Wouldnt that open up all kinds of bad possibilities if things were flooded with water or mud?

And think of what a great story! Probably would have been a fun ride if you were still on it, like one of those log chutes.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #13  
Best to let runaway vehicles go. My brother-in-law tried to catch a runaway truck and it cost him his life. Just let them go, they will stop on their own.

I agree, that could be very dangerous. I remember a video I saw on youtube, think it was posted here. The video was of a big John Deere (7000 series I think). The tractor was somehow started and put in gear without anyone in the cab driving in circles in a Walmart parking lot. I think the tractor was there to clear snow during the winter. This tractor was pushing cars around and brushing up against the building. Someone found the courage to hop on the step to the cab and get in and stop the tractor. But, a tractor like that, if you'd slip, you get run over by the rear wheel of a 15,000lb tractor.

Even with a smaller machine, you could get clothing hooked and trapped to the machine or some other injury.

There are countless stories on this forum of people making mistakes. Good thing is, once you make the mistake, you mostly likely won't do it again.

I gotta say though, it takes courage to post pics of your mistake. Most people are too embarassed to admit it, despite the fact that we've all done stuff like this. Glad the machine and you are okay.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #14  
could this be the one? interesting video
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxBwAVy0g9c]Tractor demolition derby at W-Mart superstore parking lot in RH - YouTube[/ame]

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #15  
I would let it set a few days before changing the fluids. Any water will separate and settle to the bottom. Check you fluid levels if any are high you know water got in. When you do drain, watch and see if you get water first. if not I would put the same fluid back in. That means drain into a CLEAN container. I'll bet none got in.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #16  
If it was running when it went in the pond, at what point did it stop running? Walked in and turned the ignition key off? Or....stop on its own for some reason?

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #17  
I'm glad no one got hurt. It looks like you got out of it lucky. It could have hit something, flipped, gone in deeper or hit something or someone. It makes for some interesting pictures! I put an ATV in a pond once (parking break gave way), thankfully it hit a lawn chair, which slowed it so it stopped in a few feet of water. I also almost ended up in my pond with my tractor about 2 hours after I took delivery... thankfully I caught a tree with the FEL and spun around.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #18  
The e-brake is either on or it's off on the 2520 and 2720. All the lever does is rotate a tab in place that holds the brakes down. It's a one position location and if the brakes are loose when the pedal is in that spot then the tractor rolls. Pressing harder on the pedal when you lock the e-brake does nothing as the pedal will come back until hit hits the e-brake stop.

You go under the tractor and loosen the adjusters and turn the hex coupler about three flats - NOT TURNS - and that will likely take care of it.

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #19  
my tractor went for a swim.

Been there, done that. I got lucky like you, engine didn't go under but it was close. Changed the engine oil just in case. Cost $70 for wrecker to pull it out. Started right up afterward ... nothing swims like a Deere!

/ New tractor ended up in the pond #20  
It should be fine. In Japan, they use Yanmar's in water as deep or almost as deep of water with tillers on the back. Yanmar is the company who makes your Deere and they do a very good job, so I'm sure that the seals are all good. That is good advice about the milky hydraulic fluid, but hopefully everything is allright! Crazy video by the way!

Mitch