2320 Injector Pump problems?

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #11  
After looking at the diagram you gave me, it seems to be correct. I even pulled the solenoid out to verify that it is working. If the solenoid is pulled in, that eliminates any electrical problems.

but is it staying pulled in? one circuit pulls it in (obviously the pull in circuit) and the other holds it in for everything else(hold in) and the putting it in gear is supposed to cut power to the hold in circuit if you are not on the seat.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems?
but is it staying pulled in? one circuit pulls it in (obviously the pull in circuit) and the other holds it in for everything else(hold in) and the putting it in gear is supposed to cut power to the hold in circuit if you are not on the seat.

Yep, youæ±*e right. Both the Pull-In and Hold circuits are getting voltage when I try to start it. Thatç—´ why I pulled the Solenoid out, just to verify that its physically actuating. If I pull the connector on the Solenoid, the motor just cranks.

I wish they would hurry up and ship my Tech. CD, I would be interisted to see what it says for diagnostics.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #13  
Can you manually hold the fuel shut off in the open position? You problem sounds exactly the same as what I have had several times and that is the hold in circuit gets weak. It will work on the bench but not on the machine. If you can hold the solenoid in the open position on the machine and start it that will tell you if the hold on circuit has gone bad.

Can you manually hold the fuel shut off in the open position? You problem sounds exactly the same as what I have had several times and that is the hold in circuit gets weak. It will work on the bench but not on the machine. If you can hold the solenoid in the open position on the machine and start it that will tell you if the hold on circuit has gone bad.

It was tested on the tractor.. I was thinking what you are saying, because the voltage was dropping down some when the tractor was cranking. However, I pulled it out of the pump and it worked like a champ.

I tried it again tonight. There is some really sooty some coming out of the pipe, almost like its too rich.

So the Deere mechanic gave me a call today, to ask me what trouble shooting I had done. I told him, and he said that he had been working on it for over a day, and still hadn't figure out what the problem is. Definitely not electrical, but something to do with the fuel system or motor.

Not good news, but makes me feel better that I'm not an idiot, not figuring it out.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #16  
Have you changed your fuel filter? Sound like a problem I was having - I too initially thought I had some kind of pump or electrical issue.

I knew I was overdue on changing my fuel filter, but I finally figured the problem out. I could start the engine and it would run - shorter and shorter over time. It was building up pressure, get clogged/not enough fuel getting through and shut down. Was able to restart after pressure released...

Filter was nasty. Put a new one in and runs like a top.

Good luck

Have you changed your fuel filter? Sound like a problem I was having - I too initially thought I had some kind of pump or electrical issue.

I knew I was overdue on changing my fuel filter, but I finally figured the problem out. I could start the engine and it would run - shorter and shorter over time. It was building up pressure, get clogged/not enough fuel getting through and shut down. Was able to restart after pressure released...

Filter was nasty. Put a new one in and runs like a top.

Good luck

My filter isn't that old, and I just flushed the bowl out. I called the dealer late yesterday, but the Tech. was out on a service call. The Service adviser said that he knew he had pulled the injectors, and they were not spraying correctly. Sounds like they were getting the proper pressure, just not spraying correctly. I don't know really why this would happen, unless there was crap getting through the filter. Its too low of hours to have bad injectors.:confused2:

So I been without my tractor for about 2 weeks now, and the weather is getting nice. Can't mow my yard, get the garden ready, and spray. Forgot how usefull it is..

Last edited:
   / 2320 Injector Pump problems? #18  
My filter isn't that old, and I just flushed the bowl out. I called the dealer late yesterday, but the Tech. was out on a service call. The Service adviser said that he knew he had pulled the injectors, and they were not spraying correctly. Sounds like they were getting the proper pressure, just not spraying correctly. I don't know really why this would happen, unless there was crap getting through the filter. Its too low of hours to have bad injectors.:confused2:

So I been without my tractor for about 2 weeks now, and the weather is getting nice. Can't mow my yard, get the garden ready, and spray. Forgot how usefull it is..

These small tractors have notoriously poor fuel filters, not much more than a screen so if you have dirty fuel then it is quite with in reason your injectors are worn or at a minimum dirty. A better filter is a good investment.

These small tractors have notoriously poor fuel filters, not much more than a screen so if you have dirty fuel then it is quite with in reason your injectors are worn or at a minimum dirty. A better filter is a good investment.

I don't know, the filter element on mine seems to be about the same as other lager diesels I've worked on (Just smaller). Beside I pull my diesel from a newer transfer tank, and I have a very large filter (don't remember what the filter media sizing is.) on it. So counting the tractors filter, the fuel is being filter twice. I also dump some Injector Lube/Cleaner everytime I fill the tank.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #20  
I don't know, the filter element on mine seems to be about the same as other lager diesels I've worked on (Just smaller). Beside I pull my diesel from a newer transfer tank, and I have a very large filter (don't remember what the filter media sizing is.) on it. So counting the tractors filter, the fuel is being filter twice. I also dump some Injector Lube/Cleaner everytime I fill the tank.

Not sure what your 2320 has but many just have the small cartridge filter that has a micron rating of 30 which in the fuel injection world is like a bug screen. Most standard injection systems usually required 10 minimum and 5 desirable while the high pressure common rails are are at 2 or less.