2320 Injector Pump problems?

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #1  

ORCM

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2038R
It looks like there's something wrong with my Injectors/Pump system. Anyone have problems with theirs? The tractor is an '07, I can't imagine that the Injector pump would be bad.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #2  
Yes, that does seem hard to imagine.

What leads you to think there is something wrong with the injectors/pump system?

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems?
Tractor won't say running longer than about a Sec. Motor fires right away, and then dies. I've verified all the electrical componets, so it has to be something with the Injector pump or the Injectors.:confused:

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #4  
Do you have the tech manual and followed those test procedures? Fuel shut-off solenoid checks out?

Do you have the tech manual and followed those test procedures? Fuel shut-off solenoid checks out?

I was originally working on the steering valve, and so I had the dash apart. I first assumed that I caused a lose connection, because all the relays/connections are under the dash. Thanks to scrappy isb67 I was able to get a copy of the wiring diagram from the Tech. manual. I went through everything, even pull the shut-off solenoid to verify that the stem was actuating. The fuel pump is pumping, because it痴 getting flow back to the tank. The Engine is getting some fuel because it starts to start, and blows black smoke out of the pipe.:confused:

I order the Tech CD, but they are in no hurry in shipping it. So I don't have any information to trouble shoot any farther. Having a dealer pick it up Monday.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #6  
Check out via search function here and explore the "thermistor" threads. Might be similar symptoms (and then might not). Do you see that in the "scrappy isb67" copy?

What is scrappy isb67 ??

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #7  
Check out via search function here and explore the "thermistor" threads. Might be similar symptoms (and then might not). Do you see that in the "scrappy isb67" copy?

What is scrappy isb67 ??

That would be me!

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #8  
Aha! I missed that. Sorry. :)

Was thinking a link or sumpthin.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #9  
I was originally working on the steering valve, and so I had the dash apart. I first assumed that I caused a lose connection, because all the relays/connections are under the dash. Thanks to scrappy isb67 I was able to get a copy of the wiring diagram from the Tech. manual. I went through everything, even pull the shut-off solenoid to verify that the stem was actuating. The fuel pump is pumping, because it痴 getting flow back to the tank. The Engine is getting some fuel because it starts to start, and blows black smoke out of the pipe.:confused:

I order the Tech CD, but they are in no hurry in shipping it. So I don't have any information to trouble shoot any farther. Having a dealer pick it up Monday.

I still wonder if the hold in circuit has a problem. what you told me in Email isn't right.

I still wonder if the hold in circuit has a problem. what you told me in Email isn't right.

After looking at the diagram you gave me, it seems to be correct. I even pulled the solenoid out to verify that it is working. If the solenoid is pulled in, that eliminates any electrical problems.