Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
Really serves no purpose but never liked how the mechanical seat didnt have the dust boot like the air seat has. They both have the same exact frame and pre-existing holes for the boot kit so i ordered and installed the air seat boot kit. Cost 26 bucks from jdparts.com and came with the push pins to install. I like it a lot and thought i would share. I can post up the part number later if anyone is interested. I have the part number in my garage.

Heres a before picture

IMAG0238-1.jpg

And after
IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #2  
Slick!! Very nice addition to what is already a very nice cab!

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #3  
Looks nice. How hard was it to install.

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat
Looks nice. How hard was it to install.

not hard at all. had to remove the 4 bolts that hold seat to the frame. Just the actual seat and not the whole seat frame. The boot will then slip right over the frame. Put the push pins in and cut a slot in the front for the spring adjustment knob. Then put the seat back on. All together about a half hour:thumbsup:

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #5  
**** nice tractor there Short Throw..:thumbsup:

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #6  
Very nice. Please post the part number when you get a chance.

THX

Very nice. Please post the part number when you get a chance.

THX

thanks guys. im goin out to the garage now so ill get the part number when i go out. ill have it posted shortly

Ok. part number is R236141

Price: 25.99

Also, forgot to mention: for whatever reason, 2 holes didnt line up on the upper part of the boot in the front so i drilled 2 new holes. Was the only issue. all other holes lined up. i beleive there are 26 pins included with boot and i used all but 4 or 5

/ Cosmetic addition to 3520 cab tractor seat #10  
That's what's great about this forum :thumbsup: Sharing mods the factory should have included or upgrades to make your tractor better. Well done.