john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #1  

wthompson

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4600HST L100 L120
any help would be appreciated in locating one of these.
had the dealer do a search and nothing, NLA:(

Thanks,

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900
i called and they are out of stock. It's been that way all morning, i've called every salvage yard i can find. thanks for the help.

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #4  
Bummer.
# 9 in attachment
Any chance of having one milled out?

Attachments

• 650_shifter_fork.JPG
    650_shifter_fork.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 287
that's my next move. i have a good machine shop that could do it. Why do they stop making parts for popular tractors like these? one salvage yard said he gets a couple a calls a week for this part.

Thanks again for your help.

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #6  
Did you try Hoye tractor or LMTC? They are Yanmar dealers, but are able to get some parts for the Yanmar made deeres. Hoye has even begun getting some obsolete parts machined from scratch. Great folks to deal with too.

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #7  
that's my next move. i have a good machine shop that could do it. Why do they stop making parts for popular tractors like these? one salvage yard said he gets a couple a calls a week for this part.

Thanks again for your help.

If you wind up having this machine shop make one for yourself, you might as well have him make a dozen or so. One to use, and one for a spare. Then, you can go back to these same places you've contacted and let them know you have some for sale! Make it pay you, instead of costing you. Of course, it may be a bit of a gamble and could take some time to recoup your costs. Just something to think about.

thanks for the great info. i found one in a salvage yard. took about 4 hours of searching and thirty phone calls. Kebo has a good idea. i will keep the broken one and get the machine shop to give me price on making them maybe twenty or so to make it worth it for them. it's worth a shot!

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #9  
Check with Bartron Supply in Tunkhannock, Pa. or Weaver Compact Tractors in Shippensburg, Pa. They both have access to all three main shift forks (CH14900, 14901 & 14902) as a reproduced aftermarket part.

/ john deere 650 need shift fork part # CH14900 #10  
See one on eBay now.