Loader 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #1  

Forrest1357

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I just broke a hose on my loader and before I pop for a 70.00 hose I am wondering if there is anyway to reuse an existing fitting? I have been everywhere except Deere looking and cannot find a hose sold with the type of fittings that is on the loader end of the hose.

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #2  
If it is a crimp fitting your done, BUT, if there is enough hose
can you chop off the bad fitting and press a new one on? If
you do, remember the other end and the hose itself is old.
There are some re-useable fittings that might save you as well.
You will get better responces for folks if you post pictures
and tell what year and flavor your tractor is aswell, and what
hose...

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting
I have a 2011 JD3720 with a 2011 300CX Loader I was able to get a new 3/8" hose and the correct connector to the tractor itself. I am having the problem with the fitting at the loader. The following is a photo of the fitting I have an issue with. IMG_0192[1].jpg

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #4  
Forrest am I correct in saying that you bought a new hose, and you are
having a problem w/ the end you have pictured? If I am correct, just
exactly what is the problem?

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #5  
Are you trying to buy a pre made hose? Just go to the dealer or a hydraulic shop and have a new one made up. Take the old one with you for them to reference.

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #6  
The fitting you pictured is a ORSF female swivel. ORSF= O Ring Face Seal, the fitting it attaches to will have an o ring. Measure the diameter of the threads of the male fitting and I can tell you what size it is. I'll bet it's a size 6

If you bought a hose with the wrong fitting, an adapter might be available. Post what size and type is on the hose and what size is on your loader.

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #7  
If your hose has JIC 6 female swivel. Discount Hydraulic Hose has an adapter,
FS6504-06-06 $2.64

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #8  
I just broke a hose on my loader and before I pop for a 70.00 hose I am wondering if there is anyway to reuse an existing fitting? I have been everywhere except Deere looking and cannot find a hose sold with the type of fittings that is on the loader end of the hose.

The fitting is a crimped-on fitting and is not re-useable. You'll have to have a new one crimped onto the new hose.

By the way, is the problem with the pictured fitting (female) leaking or is the problem with the male O-ring end? Or just a damaged hose?

Most JD dealer's will fab up a new hose to replace the damaged one. Might cost a bit more... but, it's oftentimes cheaper in the long run... er, runaround and lookaround! :D

AKfish

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting
I actually damaged the hose. I was able to get a new hose at Farm and Fleet. With the answers everyone has provided I think I can get the issue solved now. Thank you.

/ 300CX Hydraulic Hose Fitting #10  
I actually damaged the hose. I was able to get a new hose at Farm and Fleet. With the answers everyone has provided I think I can get the issue solved now. Thank you.

You're most welcome. Glad to hear that you've got things squared away! :thumbsup:

AKfish