Noise and vibration in transmission shift lever JD 3520

/ Noise and vibration in transmission shift lever JD 3520 #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
I noticed today that in c range going down the road i get a noisy vibration up through the shift lever. Only in c range. Anybody else experience this?

/ Noise and vibration in transmission shift lever JD 3520
Update: Just jacked the tractor up with wheel off and ran it. nothing out of the ordinary. took it for aother drive down the road and it seems as though the vibration noise is coming from somewhere in the shift lever itself. Not something that would be apparent to open cab tractors becuase of the engine noise. These cabs are so quiet, you can hear every little issue may one arise. I dont ever run in c range usually but little things like this annoy me so Ill have to find a way to remedy it. Maybe if any cab unit guys have had the issue and no a fix, post up please. take care

/ Noise and vibration in transmission shift lever JD 3520 #3  
Shortthrow, this may sound really far out there, but did you by chance have it it 4x4??? You don't have to admit it here but may have happened with someone else possibly here in Oregon.

bluebuck746 said:
Shortthrow, this may sound really far out there, but did you by chance have it it 4x4??? You don't have to admit it here but may have happened with someone else possibly here in Oregon.

I would definatly admit to doing that but it wasnt in 4 wheel drive.

/ Noise and vibration in transmission shift lever JD 3520 #5  
When I put the 'petal to the metal' on the 3120 it would shake and drop the RPMs a little while accelerating. Is this what you were experiencing?

When I put the 'petal to the metal' on the 3120 it would shake and drop the RPMs a little while accelerating. Is this what you were experiencing?

yeah The handle right? only in c range. I can bog it in b and the condition doesnt happen. if i go down hill this doesnt happen which makes sense cause there isnt really any load. has to be load but like i said, it wont do it in a or b

ok so heres what i did to remedy the problem. i took the left panel off to accesss the shifter linkage. The one lock nut bolt was loose for the linkage adjust. That wasnt a total fix so i wrapped the linkage with pipe insulation and that fixed everything, id say about 98 percent. It absorbs most of the vibration. Most people dont use c range and im one of those people that dont either but i wanted to see how this thing ran at top speed on the road and noticed the issue. Im **** retentive so now i have peice of mind haha. Eh, heres some pics of the shifter with the panel removed. Also, i fixed the annoying steering wheel squeek by removing that useless peice of plastic they had in there to "protect" the boot i assume. Nothing is gonna happen to the boot. well not for 30 years at least haha
IMAG0294.jpg

IMAG0295.jpg