3005 little tractor is great

/ 3005 little tractor is great #1  

Jamming

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R
Love my new JD ! Has great power for anything i need to do. The round was so heavy it was impossible to roll on flat ground. Sure makes working on big jobs much easyier and fun. :D Tree was 109' and 78 years old, 49" at the base. Douglas fir. Should be about 4 cords Plus.

Attachments

• DSCN2414.JPG
    DSCN2414.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN2444.JPG
    DSCN2444.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCN2417.JPG
    DSCN2417.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
   / 3005 little tractor is great #2  
They sure beat using a wheelbarrow. :D

Now add a set of forks for the FEL and the iMatch on the 3 ph, with a hydraulic top arm.. So many things, so little time... hehe

/ 3005 little tractor is great
Already have the imatch, was wondering about the upper hydro arm. Was told by the dealer that i would have to use my FEL control to use it and wouldnt have up and down tilt on my bucket when using it, I would have to connect and reconnect hydro lines. Sounded like a pain so i passed.

/ 3005 little tractor is great #4  
Congrats on the new tractor and
thanks for the pics!
wish i had that setup a couple
weeks ago, i inherited a bunch of
maple that i had to cut/stack until
i split it later this summer,
but i had to move it all by hand :(

maybe someday....

Attachments

• Eaton-20120407-00187.jpg
    Eaton-20120407-00187.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 217
Sure love burning maple, Besides Birch its very hot and ash is not bad, Thanks for the congrats, Packed my fair share by hand and man its a bit of work, The JD 3005 sure has been a time and money saver. Burns less fuel than my riding mower and does so much more.

/ 3005 little tractor is great #6  
Nice tractor. I can attest to the 3005. Amazing how much work they can do.

Next purchase is a finish mower, have a box blade rear scraper blade and posthole digger. Really a worthy investment. Normally my hobbies are expensive and don't give any joy but to me, my little tractor makes my wife happy to. :D

/ 3005 little tractor is great #8  
Next purchase is a finish mower...

Since you have an iMatch, you should consider a Frontier RFM. Deere/Frontier markets mowers made by Woods and BEFCO.
I suggest you contact your salesguy and ask him to watch out for a used RFM. Your 3005 can handle a 72" RFM with no problem.

When I bought my 4400, part of the deal was an 84" BEFCO RFM. Great mower, but too big for my needs. I contacted my local salesguy (same guy who sold me the 4400) to keep an eye out for a used 72" mower. That's how I got a little used 72" Frontier (actually a Woods mower) for considerably less then the new price.

Got a JD 261 and very happy with it.