Backhoe Hydraulic quick disconnect problem

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #1  

doctorclean

Hello guys,
I am a long time lurker and now I need some help. I unhooked my backhoe and hooked up my three point hitch to move my rototiller. When I went back to hook up my backhoe I could not attach one of the hydraulic lines. The one I cannot reconnect is the hard to reach male that comes off the back of the tractor. The female end from the backhoe does not go back on. I have released the hydraulic pressure,I pressed in the ends of the fittings to release the pressure and only a little dribble came out of the female from the backhoe. Nothing came out of the male fitting on the tractor. I can connect the female to the male fitting on the backhoe without any problems. The two male ends appear different to me and the female is a different brand(Pioneer) from the other fittings(Faster) on the tractor. The first Pic is the male from the tractor. The second pic is the male that I can attach to easily. The Third pic is the female from the backhoe. Do I just need more rocks in my pockets or is something wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_3253.jpg
    IMG_3253.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_3252.jpg
    IMG_3252.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 548
   / Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #2  
You said it was connected and now won't reconnect? It looks like two incompatable male ends, one has a longer shoulder from the end to the groove for the detents as well as a slightly different style of groove......Mike

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #3  
I'll bet the ends are different so they can only be attached and work when properly matched similar to "color coding".

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem
It was connected. That is the thing that has me perplexed. The other fittings pop together easily and quickly. I do not have another female end to try out. I am headed to town to look for the fittings. Wish me luck on Sunday in a town of 5000. I'm sure all the hydraulic shops are closed.

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #5  
I'll bet the ends are different so they can only be attached and work when properly matched similar to "color coding".

Yep, on my backhoe the backhoe female would attach to the pic 1 male and nothing would attach to pic 2 male, just a dust cap.

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #6  
Can't tell much from your pictures or info, but if the tractor is similar to a 3320 follow the instructions below.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 476
   / Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #7  
I had a similar issue with my 448 backhoe. I needed to tap the poppet tip of the male hose to release some minor pressure that kept me from making the connect. I don't know if it was from temperature rise or from the bucket sagging. You might want to cycle the BH controls as well. Mine hooked right up after I did this.
Hope this helps.

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem
Thanks guys, I went to my local auto parts store and purchased a male end that fits the female. Everything works great now. I really appreciate the expertise I find on this site. Thank you

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #9  
I had a similar issue with my 448 backhoe. I needed to tap the poppet tip of the male hose to release some minor pressure that kept me from making the connect. I don't know if it was from temperature rise or from the bucket sagging. You might want to cycle the BH controls as well. Mine hooked right up after I did this.
Hope this helps.

that's what i was going to suggest to. ask me how i know

/ Hydraulic quick disconnect problem #10  
Hope this helps.

I have the JD 1023R w/ Backhoe and front loader.
I had a heck od a time disconnecting them both the first time. Since then the bachhoe has sagged to the right a bit.
With the front loader it took my 1 hour to reconnect them the first time. Reason, Male fitting would not fully seat into the female 100%. More Like 99.5%. I needed to nudge them into place for the slip lock to grab.
It now takes me 10 mins tops to unhook and rehook it.
With the backhoe a 260 JD, I have no room to tweak the male into the female. Would need a second pair of hands. Is the nipple inside the female supposed to be uncompressable or should it also move as the Males nipple valve does. I get fluid from the male end every attempt.
I really hate breaking in new lines.