Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #1  

Waldershrek

Silver Member
How is this possible on a JD 2305? My grandfather wants to leave the loader and mower on in the summer so he can mower or move dirt/mulch or whatever but the tractor only has 4 SCV's right under the operators platform. The loader and the mower both need the use of the yellow one. It'd be one thing if you could just raise the mower up and unhook the hydraulics but when you do that the mower falls back down. Kinda hard to be digging in the dirt and what not with the mower all the way down. Is there a lockout or something that I missed?

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #2  
Hi Waldershrek,

You have three options:

1-Raise the deck, turn the height adjustment knob to the raised-locked position, then disconnect the hydraulic line for the mower and connect the one for the loader.

2-Switch back from the independent lift to the mechanical lift system (deck goes up and down with the 3pt hitch contol lever).

3-(the nicest option) Add the LVB25822 Diverter Valve Kit to your tractor. It provides a switch to do exactly what you are looking for. However, you will still want to turn your height adjustment knob to the raised-locked position whenever using the loader. All that the independent lift cylinder does is to raise the deck. It won't keep the deck up indefinitely.

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #3  
I have the 2320 with MMM, independent lift and 200CX. Nomally, during mowing season, I just lock up the deck and switch the hydraulic line when I want to use the loader. The 200CX is so easy to take on and off, I never mow with the loader on. I don't want the extra weight and I'm the kind of operator that would tend to take out fences and shrubs if the loader was on while I mowed. :D

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #4  
I'll add one thing. Make sure the mower lift arms are adjusted so the mower is all the way up (uplimit tab on the mower almost to the tractor frame) when in the locked position. I had to sort this out myself because the dealer didn't get it right the first time. If it's not adjusted correctly you won't get maximum ground clearance or an adequate cut height adjustment range.

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #5  
We have a 2305 and a BX2660; no loader on the 2305, but we always remove the FEL when mowing with the BX; would your grandfather be open to you installing/removing the FEL "as needed"? I am a 64 year old grandfather myself and I would prefer this to mowing with a FEL; just a thought.

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #6  
...Make sure the mower lift arms are adjusted so the mower is all the way up (uplimit tab on the mower almost to the tractor frame) when in the locked position...

I think this applies to me.
My ground clearance was terrible and my max cut length was like a golf green.
So I wound in both of the turn-buckles that connect the lift mechanism to the arms by a full 10 turns each.
This seemed to pick the deck up by almost an inch.

Is this the adjustment that you are referring to?
Or is there another method?
I'm not familiar with the 'uplimit tab'.

Cheerz,

daniel

/ Using loader and mid mount mower JD 2305 #7  
The turnbuckles are the vertical adjustment on the deck. On the top of the deck, you will see an angle that seems to have no purpose. When the deck is fully lifted, this tab will hit the frame before any of the other bits and pieces of the deck can be damaged. Keep turning the turnbuckles until this tab is within 1/8" or less from the frame. After you do this adjustment, you should check the deck side to side level and front to back level. John Deere has a plastic guage that is very cheap and does the job. (The fore and aft level adjustment is done with the nuts on the front mount.)