Which size BB for 955

/ Which size BB for 955 #1  

onthehill

I'm looking to purchase a BB this week for my 955. I've looked at a bunch of threads but I can't figure out if I should be getting a 5ft or 6ft BB. I was leaning towards a 5ft blade. Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

/ Which size BB for 955 #2  
Sounds right, as long as it reaches the outside width of your rear tires.

/ Which size BB for 955 #3  
What did you end up with? I just bought a 5' used BB for my 955 and wanted something that would cover the 5' width of the rear tires. I was concerned I wouldn't have enough power/traction for anything larger (I have turf tires). Wondering how it worked out for you? I've attempted to attach a photo...

IMG_0965.jpg

/ Which size BB for 955 #4  
For me and the type of ground I use it on, the 60" is just right. I have R1s set in the wide position.

/ Which size BB for 955 #5  
60" is what I use on my 855; works well there also.

/ Which size BB for 955 #6  
I agree. The 955 could handle the 6ft blade but the 5ft will be more manueverable. I had a 6ft on my 2720 for a short while as it was left over from my Ford 9N. It was a bit unweildy. I sold it and got a 5 foot and am much happier.

The only thing you need to ask yourself is do you plow a lot with the blade angled? If so, you want the blade to still cover the width of the tires while angled and you might need a 6ft blade to do that.

/ Which size BB for 955 #7  
I agree. The 955 could handle the 6ft blade but the 5ft will be more manueverable. I had a 6ft on my 2720 for a short while as it was left over from my Ford 9N. It was a bit unweildy. I sold it and got a 5 foot and am much happier.

The only thing you need to ask yourself is do you plow a lot with the blade angled? If so, you want the blade to still cover the width of the tires while angled and you might need a 6ft blade to do that.

Since box blades don't angle, the point is moot.

For my grader blade, I went 6ft though I wanted 5ft, I got the 6 for the same price as they didn't have the 5ft in stock when I got there (they said they did earlier). Having gotten 6ft I am glad of it. Did the same when buying a landscape rake so I can angle them fully and have my tread path covered.