John Deere 1026

/ John Deere 1026 #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
I only have one complaint about my 1026, that tool box they put on there is worthless, its not even big enough to put a hammer in it! I will be getting rid of it and putting a bigger box on it. I would like it big enough to put a hammer, pliers and a tow strap for pulling logs.

/ John Deere 1026 #2  
I agree. I've had mine for about nine months now and the latch is getting hard to close and seems to be falling apart.

/ John Deere 1026 #3  
Yea Deere went cheap on toolboxes. I have the 1026 and just got a 6115 and both have that same plastic cheap toolbox. My only complaint though.

/ John Deere 1026 #4  
Well you can use the foot deep cup holder! Lol

/ John Deere 1026 #5  
I only have one complaint about my 1026, that tool box they put on there is worthless, its not even big enough to put a hammer in it! I will be getting rid of it and putting a bigger box on it. I would like it big enough to put a hammer, pliers and a tow strap for pulling logs.

Dave,

Yes, I too noticed that a normal sized hammer won't fit in the box. So I bought a small mallet that does fit in the box (along with a variety of other tools). I use it to tap in pins, etc. One side of the head is rubber and the other side is plastic. I keep my chain in the ballast box (adds weight and still handy to get at).

Larry

/ John Deere 1026
Ok you 1026 owners, it says in the manual to change the oil in 200 hours, that is a heck of a lot of hours before I change the oil. When did you guys change the oil?