How high will a 3 pt lift

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I can't find any specs on this and I'm trying to determine if I can drop a MX5 from the iMatch onto the trailer. How high will the 3 pt lift? I get my 3720 tomorrow and I'm trying to figure where everything will go. Storing the mower on the trailer would be nice.

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #2  
I can't find any specs on this and I'm trying to determine if I can drop a MX5 from the iMatch onto the trailer. How high will the 3 pt lift? I get my 3720 tomorrow and I'm trying to figure where everything will go. Storing the mower on the trailer would be nice.

Here is the deal.. bigger tractors lift higher than smaller tractors. some brands lift more than others even in the same size class.. the longer the lower link and more arc the rockshaft arms move.. well then the higher the lower links will go.. Now if you shorten the toplink the rear end of the mower will go higher. If you put a shorter toplink in. (piece of chain maybe?) you can make the rear end of the mower go really high. The front of the mower will be the same but the rear will be pried up and have a severe tilt. You should be able to drop a lot of the mower on the trailer, depending on how high the trailer is of course. Perhaps someone with a 3720 could give more insight here.

James K0UA

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #3  
Dan
What tires? Ag , R4, or turf? That may change the lift some.

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #4  
Storing the mower on the trailer would be nice.
Nice, but not likely. Mine won't, but I don't know what kind of trailer you have. I just rely on the tail wheel and a six foot 4x4 up front to prevent ground contact while parked. That said, you could block the back end of the trailer, then back the 3720 up your ramps to drop the mower on the trailer deck.

//greg//

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #5  
It will lift right to the top. Sorry but that ind of tempting. As previously stated, tires etc make some difference. Is there any adjustment on the rockshaft arms , the length of the lift rods or the attachment points on the lift arms? If the upper link on the three point is shortened all the way in perhaps that will get at least the part of the deck up on the trailer but........ That is getting in an hardbound unstable elevated load situation when attempting to disconnect from the three point. Can the trailer tires be aired down somewhat?

/ How high will a 3 pt lift #6  
Build yourself a loader-mount 3-point hitch and you can set your attachments wherever you want.

Attachments

• 100_0876 B.JPG
    100_0876 B.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 906
   / How high will a 3 pt lift
Damned good point. I'm on it!

Die, thread, die.