4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #1  

SwLWildcat

Tractor
JD 4720
I just purchased a 2012 4720 cab model tractor. I also asked the dealer to supply the 3rd hydraulic valve, as well as the 4th and 5th. I got kits LVB26033 and LVB26072. The way the kits are supplied you can only install 1 or the other, as the steel lines provided only allow you to hook up 1 or the other to the hydraulic system. I installed the 4th and 5th kit over the weekend, but would still like to get the 3rd kit on. Is there a different part number for the 3rd kit when you have the 4th and 5th already installed?

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #2  
I know that Deere changed a lot of things on these more recent 4720's but mine, which is a 2008 can have both 3rd and 4th/5th kit.
Have you looked up on the Deere web site the part numbers to see if the dealer supplied you the correct ones?
The way you worded your post, it appears that you did not have the dealer install it but to supply you the kit for your installation. I would verify the kit numbers. I know Deere now has an electronic version for the 4th/5th and that may complicate it.

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics
Thanks Furu;

You are correct, I just ordered the parts to install myself. Both kits were correct IF you installed only 1 kit. IE: I could install the 3rd kit, or the 4th and 5th but not both as both kits tie in at the same place. I installed the 4th and 5th kit this weekend and returned the 3rd kit today. The dealer is going to look into it, but there is no different kit numbers if you already have one or the other installed. My 4th and 5th kit is electric, and works great! The 3rd kit would work if I had different steel lines. I believe what should happen is the 3rd and 4/5 kits should go in series, so if I had different steel lines then I could plum both in, but I am not 100% sure on this.

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #4  
On the older 4720 the 4th/5th used a mechanical diverter valve to change the FEL controller to run 4/5 versus the FEL and the 3rd was plumbed off the 2nd SCV valve from an existing port. Thus no interference with one from the other.
On yours the newer version how does the 4/5th plug in? I thought it was an electronic diverter valve that worked the same of the FEL SCV. Obviously that is not the case on the newer model.

On mine the 4/5 valve comes off the valve for the front end, through the 4/5 valve and back to tank. I can run the loader at the same time as I can run a rear function. If I were to install the 3rd valve as provided it would also come off the front end valve, through the 3rd valve and back to tank. What I believe I need to do is go from the front end valve, to the 4/5 valve, then to the 3rd valve, then to tank. It's going to get even more exciting next week when the 485 back hoe gets here and I need to install that...:confused3:

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #6  
Does the 4720 system still have a PB option or is that standard equipment? Do you have that on yet if it is not standard? If not I wonder how that is hooked up now that they have changed the plumbing of the hydraulics.

I am not sure if it has the power beyond option factory installed or if it's coming with the backhoe... I just got the tractor and it has just under 2 hours on it, and 0 hours of time in the dirt. When I had the rear wheel off I didn't see anything that looked like PB, but then again I wasn't looking for it, and even if I did see it I would probably have no idea what I was looking at.

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #8  
There is an additional steel line to make the kits work together. LVA16893 for the cab tractor and LVA16839 for the open station. Attached pic of changes.

Attachments

• 2011 and up 4720 scv line (Small) (Small).JPG
    2011 and up 4720 scv line (Small) (Small).JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,361
There is an additional steel line to make the kits work together. LVA16893 for the cab tractor and LVA16839 for the open station. Attached pic of changes.

Thanks JD110!

I see what they do. They come off the front service valve, to the 3rd valve with the line in the 3rd kit, then they go to the 4/5 valve with the change up line, then from the 4/5 valve back to tank with the line in the 4/5 kit.

Perfect. Thanks!

/ 4720 3rd, 4th & 5th hydraulics #10  
That is one of the most useful diagrams I have seen regarding the 4x20 series. THANKS!!!!!