Loader 1026R loader problems

/ 1026R loader problems #1  

cottermac

Tractor
John Deere 1026R
Has anyone had any problems with their bucket not holding down pressure? I have been using mine alot lately to move dirt and every time I tilt the bucket to back drag with it, it just goes flat. It acts as if it has air in the hydraulic system, but it never does it when I'm breaking dirt out of the pile. I thought it saw this topic brought up but was unable to find it. The dealer has been out and are working on a solution, but I figured I'm probably not the only one having this issue so I thought I would ask.

/ 1026R loader problems #2  
I had that issue a couple of times on my 1023E. I found that boosting the RPMs helped resolve that problem almost immediately. I have checked the hydraulic system and could not find any issues. I you find out something different from your dealer, let us know

/ 1026R loader problems
So I just got back from the dealer and found out I'm not crazy. They have had other complaints about it and they do have a fix for it. If I understand it correct they will be installing a check valve in the rod end of the bucket hose and that will prevent the problem. I probably shouldn't post this but I will, the DTAC solution number is 35065, so if you talk to your dealer reference that number. Here is a picture of the diagram they showed me, sorry its poor quality.

ForumRunner_20120531_163109.png

/ 1026R loader problems #4  
I have seen that if I haven't worked the loader to the extents to get air out. And I have detented accidentally and had it happen.

If I raise the rpms and work the bucket to extents, it works fine after that.

/ 1026R loader problems #5  
Cotter, that is an interesting solution. I've found that my bucket will go limp if I use the "regen" position of the loader control. If I stay out of it, the bucket will remain solid in down pressure. When it does go limp, the quick solution is hold the SCV in dump for a few seconds past all the way dumped to help purge the cylinders.

/ 1026R loader problems
XSKIER_ I agree with you that the problem can be quickly fix by holding the lever, but it is still not right. When I dump the bucket I expect the bucket to stay where I put it. My tractor has around 15 hours on it and I believe if it don't get fixed now it will just get worse over time.

/ 1026R loader problems #7  
Using regen, the bucket may flop some until the fluid catches up.

When you release the lever to neutral, the bucket should stay where it is, as the work ports are blocked off.

You may have air, and may need to purge it often also.

You should be able to lift the tractor front end up/off the ground with the bucket flat on the ground and then curl the bucket down, not using regen.

If you install a hyd gage, you can see the pressure required to operate the hyd system.

/ 1026R loader problems
J_j what is the regen?

/ 1026R loader problems #9  
So I just got back from the dealer and found out I'm not crazy. They have had other complaints about it and they do have a fix for it. If I understand it correct they will be installing a check valve in the rod end of the bucket hose and that will prevent the problem. I probably shouldn't post this but I will, the DTAC solution number is 35065, so if you talk to your dealer reference that number. Here is a picture of the diagram they showed me, sorry its poor quality.

View attachment 267642

Looks like what they are installing is a one way flow control that I suspect will prevent the bucket from "running away" (dumping to fast) and cavitating the curl cylinder.

Regenerative mode is supposed to reduce or eliminate this. NOTE: I do not know if your JD has this feature or not.

Regenerative mode description: Oil from the rod of the cylinder is directed back into the cap end of the cylinder which increases the cylinder extend speed and reduces the cylinder extend force.

/ 1026R loader problems
Oldnslo_ thank you. Your description of the problem was almost word for word of the DTAC solution. They dealer called the valve the "back drag valve". Also thanks for explanation of regen.