Loose 400x loader

/ Loose 400x loader #1  

luc2121

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 tc45da 1998 zetor 3320
I just recently bought a used 4520 with a 400x loader, i find the loader uprights move more than i like on the rearmost frame mount. I tried removing it and reataching it and adjusting the tension bolts. I even cranked the tension bolts an extra turn once the latches were closed. And it stil moves if i bounce on the bucket. If i reach in with my hand i can fit my finger in between the end plate of the frame bracket and the loader uprights. Is that normal ? Thanks

Luc

/ Loose 400x loader #2  
If i reach in with my hand i can fit my finger in between the end plate of the frame bracket and the loader uprights. Is that normal ? Thanks

Luc
I have a 400X loader and you could not insert your finger. Tightening the adjusting bolts does firm mine up a bit though still not rock solid. Some folks have had trouble with the tractor mounts (bosses?) being installed on the wrong side, i.e., left on right and right on left.

/ Loose 400x loader #3  
If the loader was operated for too long with the adjustment bolt out of wack it also can wear out the mounts themselves making it so you can not take up the slack.

/ Loose 400x loader #4  
Have a 4520 with 400X loader. Noticed it was getting loose and making the adjustments didn't help with the problem .
Then looking closely at the cross pipe connecting the arms guessing a 4 inch pipe one of the welds was broken and shifted with weight on left or right side of bucket.
After rewelding the pipe loader is tight and proper in alignment.
May not be your problem but looking wouldn't hurt either.
ken

/ Loose 400x loader #5  
just askin, did you guys put down psi on the loader when you adjusted the latches. I see them loose all the time and try adj them . some are very bad and i can get them pretty tight , its a quick tach so its gonna have some play in it.