shuts down when warmed up

/ shuts down when warmed up #1  

bwoods217

Tractor
john deere hydro 175
i have a john deere 175 hydro and when i run it with the mower working it shuts down after 20-30 minutes what could be the problem

/ shuts down when warmed up #2  
:welcome: to the forum.
Overheating maybe?
What maintenance has been done recently? Age of fuel? Age of the 175?

Come on back, we should be able to find some help for you.

/ shuts down when warmed up #3  
Seems to work on most machines, check the vent in the fuel cap. Deeres seem to have been hit with this problem for a while. If it works clean the vent once in a while during fillup.

/ shuts down when warmed up #4  
The gas cap is a good starting point, but if that don't fix it I would check the pickup tube in the tank. I have had several get object floating in the tank and suck up against the tube and after it sets the object goes back to the bottom of the tank.

/ shuts down when warmed up
So I put new gas in it a new speak plug and cleaned the carb not sure how to clean the vent in the gas cap but it has a vent run up right beside the filler neck and that seems to be clean and working but still shuts down after 20 minutes of running even with the deck off and pto off

/ shuts down when warmed up #6  
Ignition coil might be the next place I'd look.

Have you checked for spark immediately when it shuts down?

How long after it shuts down can it be started again?

What engine is in the 175?

I have not checked spark after it shuts down I will give that a try in the morning the engine is the 420v 14HP
thank you for being so helpful

I have not checked spark after it shuts down I will give that a try in the morning the engine is the 420v 14HP
thank you for being so helpful

Ok I checked the spark that is fine I also replaced the fuel lines now I can see the fuel delivery and it barely trickles out of the fuel pump is there anywhere I can buy a rebuild kit for it our where is the best place to but a new one

/ shuts down when warmed up #9  
Fuel pump is a sealed piece of throwaway plastic. That's a common engine, anywhere that services riding mowers should have replacements in stock.

//greg//

still plugging away at it put a new fuel pump in still only runs a few minutes then dies seems like its starving for fuel. any ideas