Oil & Fuel fuel solenoid

/ fuel solenoid #1  

kurthester

Tractor
JD 2305
i have a JD 2305. i have been fighting with the fuel shut off for about two years. sometimes it works, most of the time it doesnt. so i made a manual shut off so i can use the tractor. but it is very inconvient to deal with.

here is what it does. most recently, i pluged in the solenoid and it worked for about ten minutes then quite.

it has two modes of operation, the pull which works all the time, and the hold which most of the time doesnt.

i bought a new solenoid, no change in function, reinstalled old one.
a new relay, no change so i reinstalled the old one.
a new timer, no change so i reinstalled the old one.
checked all the 3 amp diodes, since they are the same i swaped all of them around to find a bad one, no change.

i have looked at the harness and cant find any problems there, checked battery charge to make sure i didnt have low battery.

checked saftey switches, they all seem to be working.

i am out of ideas, any help would be much appreciated.

/ fuel solenoid #2  
:welcome: to the forum.

Do you have the service manual?

Thinking may need to trace some voltages at different points to try to isolate the problem.

/ fuel solenoid
i only have the manuals that came with it when i bought it new. it is not very descriptive in the trouble shooting section. i can read the wires but i dont have anything to tell me what the readings should be and when it should reading.

i am going to play with it somemore this weekend and see if i can find the problem.

i thought i bought a new tractor so i wouldnt have problems, but this thing gives me more trouble than my 40 year old oliver that still works for me everyday.