Winches wiring problem

/ wiring problem #1  

Richard R.

Tractor
2000 ford/ bushhog loader, 3203 john deere, 5035 mahindra ML130 FEL
Hi ya'll, I have a bit of an unusual problem on my JD 3203.
a few weeks ago the fuel gauge stopped working. when I checked the relays they all checked ok, so I pulled the dash assembly and the two wires that ran to the fuel gauge were hainging lose and the plug that pluged into the rear of the fuel gauge was gone. and of course the dealer hasn't got one. does any one have the wiring diagram to the rear of the dash. if I can find which of the holes the wires went toI can fix it myself.
Thanks Richard

/ wiring problem
I went back out to the barn and looked at the wires. there are just two wires an orange one and a black one the orange on has 353 on it and the black one has u5ob. I think I found the problem. when I looked at the sending unit the two wires on the uniy are broken. so I looked at the main wire cluster going into the dash cluster and found those two wires going into the cluster. so I think the wires that are broken off are going down to the fuel relay and then returns to the cluster. I will repair it tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. I'll post as to wether it repaires the problem tomorrow

/ wiring problem #3  
On my 5210 there is only 2 wires for the fuel gauge. Orange (353) and a black. The orange runs directly to the cluster no relay involved and the black is ground to the chasis.

The gauge works based on resistance no voltage needed. With an ohm meter you should be able to test the orange wiring from the gauge to the cluster and if the ground is working.

/ wiring problem
I reconnected the wires to the sending unit today. and the fuel guage works. the unusual
thing is that when I took the dash apart and found the wires there was electrical tape on the ground wire. which makes me think that the wires were broken at the assembly. line. Because the fuel gauge was working for six years after I bought it. just a stange find. I guess there are Monday mornings on the assembly line
Richard