Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
For starters I think my john deere dealer sold me some off brand instead of a true John Deere i-match hitch. I was trying to hook up my box blade and I got the bottom pins in but can't get the top pin to go in. I am new to all this tractor stuff but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the top link to go in. Maybe this picture will show you my problem.

Attachments

• 06-03-2012 019.jpg
    06-03-2012 019.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 1,106
   / Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #2  
You need to lengthen the top link to get it to line up with the top then lift and adjust. Mine is green dont know why its black.

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #4  
I agree - it doesnt look like a JD imatch. On my HF quick attach, the top link hook is adjustable so I can move it up or down to match my implement. I agree with jamming that the top link can be lenghtened to get under the pin to hook up if the tractor and implement is not on the same plane.

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #5  
It is a John Deere brand, they just came out with an adjustable top link. All 3 pins must line up and latch all at the same time

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch
how the heck do you get them to line up at the same time? My bottom 2 were in the slots but you see how far the top one was off.

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #7  
denver
You don't have an iMatch compatible (or quick hitch compatible) box blade.
There are pretty specific designs to mate up, and you will need to do some alterations to the top link connection on your box blade. Its and apple and an orange. Just don't go together.
You are having problems with the supplier of your rotary cutter and your box blade. They should have informed you of the short PTO shaft as well as the bb not being compatible.
Are you picking up the rotarty cutter ok with the iMatch on your tractor?

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #8  
Extend your top link out and lift to see if your hitch will hook on the bolt under the pin

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch
I saw on the john deere site there is an optional rotary cutter hookup for the i-match. I think I might need that to make hooking it up easier. The salesman told me that i-match suppose to be compatible with all attachments apparently he was just blowing smoke. I think for starters I am going to make them sell me a true JOHN DEERE i-match quick connect not a land pride quick hitch.

/ Need help with John Deere I-Match hitch #10  
I saw on the john deere site there is an optional rotary cutter hookup for the i-match. I think I might need that to make hooking it up easier. The salesman told me that i-match suppose to be compatible with all attachments apparently he was just blowing smoke. I think for starters I am going to make them sell me a true JOHN DEERE i-match quick connect not a land pride quick hitch.

your sales guy is not doing a good job for your money