Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #1  

pane056

Silver Member
Tractor
CaseIH 685 & JD 3320
Hello;

The tree crews clearing the power company right of way have just finished and left piles and piles of logs. Some cut into sections others are 8 foot sticks.

I'm seriously looking into purchansing eiher the JD Manure Fork Grapple, Item #AM11H, 60" or Item #AM11E, 72".

Or the Root Grapple Item# AV20H, 60" or Item #AV20E, 62".

In addition to cleaning up the logs I would use it to clean up storm damaged trees which we frequently have.

If any of you fellas are familiar with these items and care to give me some insight that would be great. You know, Ask the man who ownes one.

Thanks, nicholas

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #2  
Don't get a manure fork with grapple. Look at either Ad11H debris grapple or AV20H root grapple. Debris grapple is more for moving stuff, Root grapple will move stuff and also dig. Look at both

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #3  
A grapple will be your best friend when it comes to clean-up and debris removal. The most popular grapple we offer is the Construction Attachments XTreme compact tractor root grapple. It is a full blown root grapple built specifically for compact tractors up to 50hp with 2 clamshell clamps that work great when you have uneven loads to carry. Check it out here along with a how-to demonstration video. There is a $125 special build fee for JD style quick attach but we do have Free Shipping within the Continental US on these awesome grapples.

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #4  
You did not say what size tractor you have. Be sure you do not get too heavy an implement that takes away too much of your loader capacity.

The two root grapples are 60" and 62". The only reason I think they made two so close in size is one is light duty and one heavy duty. I could not find weights for them, but the dealer would know.

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #5  
Root grapple for sure. Here is an option.

image-978546620.jpg

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple
Hello;

I keep forgetting to mention the tractor, sorry.
A JD 3320 with 300CX loader.

I found the AD11H in the JD implements brochure but a very poor picture.
I don't know where to find the actual unit. I'll ask my salesman if they have sold any then maybe I can go talk with the owner.

After dinner last night we swung by the dealer. They have a 4720 with cab mid mount mower. 400 CX loader and Manure Grapple ready for delivery. Colud not get a good look at the grapple because it was attached to the loader and the bucket was secured in on the grapple.

Can anyone direct me to a JD site where I can get a good look at implements?

thanks, nicholas

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #8  
Hello;

Since my last post I've found several manufacturers of Root Grapples that are considerably cheaper then the JD's. Judging from the photos they appear to be high quality. Any input???

To rake with a grapple. Place grapple in about the half dump position and back drag? Going forward with the grapple in that position is a NO NOdue to serious loader damage?

thanks, nicholas

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #9  
You should be able to go forward with the tines 6-8" in the ground to remove the roots with a well built grapple. Our grapple features serrated tines just for breaking up roots under the surface. You'll see in our how-to video on our compact root grapple(here) that the tractor stalls when it hits a large root but there is no big jolt or damage whatsoever. Just use good judgement with a grapple just like any piece of equipment and you'll be pleased with the results.

/ Manure Fork & Grapple & Root Grapple #10  
I went with a skeleton rock bucket which looks a lot like a root grapple. I then added bolt on side plates and a bolt on grapple. Works excellent for brush or logs.

Virnig mfg made mine.

I find the skeleton bucket works great for manure as long as there is some hay mixed and also works well for striping when seeding grass.