J D Cab Tractors

/ J D Cab Tractors #1  

pane056

Silver Member
Tractor
CaseIH 685 & JD 3320
Hello;

I'm sure there are those of you who run their Cab Tractors in the woods.

Regarding the JD Factory Cabs. How does the paint and windows hold up to being scratched by branches.

I will be using our 3320 Cab unit a fair amount in the woods where there are a lot of dead oak branches. Usually on the larger branches I'll use the loader to break them down to the ground. May seem like a silly question but we do want to take good care of equipment.

thanks, nicholas

/ J D Cab Tractors #2  
I would think it would scratch up the glass and plastic a lot. Maybe you could go thru and cut the low hanging branches?

/ J D Cab Tractors #3  
I trim with a pole saw before driving thru an area. I have had to go thru some areas with the smaller branches bending around the cabs, doesn't seem to cause any harm. Branches are not going to scratch the glass but they may snag a front light or mirror on occasion. The glass is strong but you still have to use common sense.

/ J D Cab Tractors #4  
Have mine in the woods quite a bit and it has some scuffs (not scratches) on the black painted metal post on the cab corners. No major scratches on roof yet but a rattle can would make them disappear. No scratches on glass.
Most important NO sctatches on me anymore:)
Make sure you if you have rear worklights on the tractor you don't tighten pivot screw too tight so lights will pivot out of way when branches hit them, I have gotten in the habit of swinging them out of way when going in the woods and swinging them back out when I get out of tractor.

/ J D Cab Tractors #5  
Have mine in the woods quite a bit and it has some scuffs (not scratches) on the black painted metal post on the cab corners. No major scratches on roof yet but a rattle can would make them disappear. No scratches on glass.
Most important NO sctatches on me anymore:)
Make sure you if you have rear worklights on the tractor you don't tighten pivot screw too tight so lights will pivot out of way when branches hit them, I have gotten in the habit of swinging them out of way when going in the woods and swinging them back out when I get out of tractor.

Same for me. I actually got my largest scratching going into the shed when I changed to taller tires LOL! A rattle can or two later - looking good again!

/ J D Cab Tractors #6  
NUru, I remember your cab roof was rubbing the header as I recall.