5093e oil change

/ 5093e oil change #1  

mike23

Tractor
5093e,2520
I bought a 5093e in March and have put 100 hours on it. I changed the oil in it. The manual calls for 13.7 quarts. I could only get 2.5 quarts in it. Has any one else with a E Limited changed thier oil and what did it take to fill it. I am going to talk to the dealer on Monday but I am sure the will look it up in a manual and tell me it 13.7 which can't be right.
I will give a reveiw shortly of its performance.

Attachments

• DSC00957.jpg
    DSC00957.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 2,317
   / 5093e oil change #2  
mike
Interesting. But worth looking into ASAP. Surely it takes more oil than what you put in.

The manual on line for the 5093e shows 9 qt of engine oil, if filter is changed.

Attachments

• 5093e_capacities.JPG
    5093e_capacities.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 405
   / 5093e oil change #3  
I bought a 5093e in March and have put 100 hours on it. I changed the oil in it. The manual calls for 13.7 quarts. I could only get 2.5 quarts in it. Has any one else with a E Limited changed thier oil and what did it take to fill it. I am going to talk to the dealer on Monday but I am sure the will look it up in a manual and tell me it 13.7 which can't be right.

What do you mean by "only 2.5 qts" ? It was full and running out? What did the dip stick show?

/ 5093e oil change #4  
It is a JD so hard telling how much it actually takes based on my experience.

My 5210 takes a full quart more than the book shows to hit the full mark on the dipstick.

My JD Zero Turn will not even be on the dipstick with what the manual says, do not remember how much more it takes.

/ 5093e oil change
I reread my post and see I made a mistake. I put in 10 quarts. Going by the manual on line 9 quarts might be right. I still would like to hear from anyone that has changed thier oil in a 2012e.

/ 5093e oil change #6  
I just changed mine and it took a little less then 10L.

/ 5093e oil change #7  
I am interested to hear your review also!

/ 5093e oil change
Thanks Matt for the info on the oil change. How hard was the hydraulic filter to change and how much fluid did you have to replace. I see in the manual there are two different types of fluid. What did you use.

/ 5093e oil change #9  
I actually didn't realize the hydraulic filter was due to be changed until after I bought the engine oil/filter so I am going to pick one up this week.

/ 5093e oil change #10  

My dealer usually does the 100 hour service free..... Ask your dealer about it.