Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Default Re: all hail pledge furniture polish!!

Are there different types of Pledge polish so i don't get the wrong one? Any unscented?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    2010 New Holland 3045

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Are there different types of Pledge polish so i don't get the wrong one? Any unscented?
    There are a few different "flavors" of pledge. They will all work. The one that I use the most for my tractor, boat and harley is Lemon Pledge.

Note: I may be biased as I work for the company that makes Pledge!

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Back in my Navy days, after we waxed the floor,we would pledge the floor and we never wore our shoes in our room.

We did not walk too fast either, it was like a skating rink but ever the dust did not stick. we could clean for inspection in 1 minute with a towel wrapped broom...

But man oh man was it slippery...

So... How is it on the painted metal parts? Plastic parts, it makes perfect sense...
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

I would think it would work on any of the parts. My uncle was at a farm show and a guy used Endust for lube on metal parts. Said the same thing. It doesn't attract dust.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by roush9799 View Post
    I would think it would work on any of the parts. My uncle was at a farm show and a guy used Endust for lube on metal parts. Said the same thing. It doesn't attract dust.
    Now I've gotta wash it, so I can pledge it...
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4120

Ingredients from MSDS/Label
    Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
    Water 007732-18-5 60-100
    Mineral oil, white 008042-47-5 1-5
    Polydimethylsiloxanes (Silicon oil) 063148-62-9 1-5
    Naphtha, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy 064742-48-9 0.5-1.5

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

You know, silicones play havoc with spray paint and can wreck a job, even if remotely used in a far corner of a shop. If anyone wanted to spray paint on a tractor in a room that silicone was used or on something, I wonder what the results would be?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    JD 3320 eHydro w/ 300CX Loader

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    You know, silicones play havoc with spray paint and can wreck a job, even if remotely used in a far corner of a shop. If anyone wanted to spray paint on a tractor in a room that silicone was used or on something, I wonder what the results would be?
    Yep....I would not try to paint over it unless properly de-greased (errrr....de-waxed?).

I have used pledge as a case-lube when reloading / resizeing brass. Worked pretty well for that. That is "all" the other case-lube products (sold for this purpose) are as well.....wax.
    3320 eHydro, 300CX Loader & 15 + great attachments

You gotta mine allot of dirt to find a diamond.

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    Back in my Navy days, after we waxed the floor,we would pledge the floor and we never wore our shoes in our room.

We did not walk too fast either, it was like a skating rink but ever the dust did not stick. we could clean for inspection in 1 minute with a towel wrapped broom...

But man oh man was it slippery...

So... How is it on the painted metal parts? Plastic parts, it makes perfect sense...
    David
    Wow. That brings back some memories. I thought I was the only one who ever did that to the floor.

Not long after I got married (20 years ago), my wife asked if I would clean the wood floors in the family room area. I had no clue what to use so I used pledge and polished with a cloth. The floors looked good and I was happy.

She came home, walked into the room with socks only and immediately fell. She asked me what I had done and told me never ever never ever to do that again!

MoKelly

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MoKelly View Post
    Wow. That brings back some memories. I thought I was the only one who ever did that to the floor.

Not long after I got married (20 years ago), my wife asked if I would clean the wood floors in the family room area. I had no clue what to use so I used pledge and polished with a cloth. The floors looked good and I was happy.

She came home, walked into the room with socks only and immediately fell. She asked me what I had done and told me never ever never ever to do that again!

MoKelly

I own that t-shirt sir! Not my wife, but same effect!

Priceless! I bet you do not get asked to clean floors anymore either!
    David

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast