all hail pledge furniture polish!!

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #11  
Are there different types of Pledge polish so i don't get the wrong one? Any unscented?

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #12  
Are there different types of Pledge polish so i don't get the wrong one? Any unscented?

There are a few different "flavors" of pledge. They will all work. The one that I use the most for my tractor, boat and harley is Lemon Pledge.

Note: I may be biased as I work for the company that makes Pledge!

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #13  
Back in my Navy days, after we waxed the floor,we would pledge the floor and we never wore our shoes in our room.

We did not walk too fast either, it was like a skating rink but ever the dust did not stick. we could clean for inspection in 1 minute with a towel wrapped broom...

But man oh man was it slippery...

So... How is it on the painted metal parts? Plastic parts, it makes perfect sense...
David

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #14  
I would think it would work on any of the parts. My uncle was at a farm show and a guy used Endust for lube on metal parts. Said the same thing. It doesn't attract dust.

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #15  
I would think it would work on any of the parts. My uncle was at a farm show and a guy used Endust for lube on metal parts. Said the same thing. It doesn't attract dust.

Now I've gotta wash it, so I can pledge it...
David

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #16  
Ingredients from MSDS/Label
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
Water 007732-18-5 60-100
Mineral oil, white 008042-47-5 1-5
Polydimethylsiloxanes (Silicon oil) 063148-62-9 1-5
Naphtha, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy 064742-48-9 0.5-1.5

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #17  
You know, silicones play havoc with spray paint and can wreck a job, even if remotely used in a far corner of a shop. If anyone wanted to spray paint on a tractor in a room that silicone was used or on something, I wonder what the results would be?

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #18  
You know, silicones play havoc with spray paint and can wreck a job, even if remotely used in a far corner of a shop. If anyone wanted to spray paint on a tractor in a room that silicone was used or on something, I wonder what the results would be?

Yep....I would not try to paint over it unless properly de-greased (errrr....de-waxed?).

I have used pledge as a case-lube when reloading / resizeing brass. Worked pretty well for that. That is "all" the other case-lube products (sold for this purpose) are as well.....wax.

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #19  
Back in my Navy days, after we waxed the floor,we would pledge the floor and we never wore our shoes in our room.

We did not walk too fast either, it was like a skating rink but ever the dust did not stick. we could clean for inspection in 1 minute with a towel wrapped broom...

But man oh man was it slippery...

So... How is it on the painted metal parts? Plastic parts, it makes perfect sense...
David

Wow. That brings back some memories. I thought I was the only one who ever did that to the floor.

Not long after I got married (20 years ago), my wife asked if I would clean the wood floors in the family room area. I had no clue what to use so I used pledge and polished with a cloth. The floors looked good and I was happy.

She came home, walked into the room with socks only and immediately fell. She asked me what I had done and told me never ever never ever to do that again!

MoKelly

/ all hail pledge furniture polish!! #20  
Wow. That brings back some memories. I thought I was the only one who ever did that to the floor.

Not long after I got married (20 years ago), my wife asked if I would clean the wood floors in the family room area. I had no clue what to use so I used pledge and polished with a cloth. The floors looked good and I was happy.

She came home, walked into the room with socks only and immediately fell. She asked me what I had done and told me never ever never ever to do that again!

MoKelly

:rotfl::laughing:
I own that t-shirt sir! Not my wife, but same effect!

Priceless! I bet you do not get asked to clean floors anymore either!
David