Oil & Fuel Fuel Pump Solenoid

/ Fuel Pump Solenoid #1  

Sleepy

Tractor
JD 3720 JD 425
I purchased a used 4300 this spring. Love the tractor, but have had an ongoing problem with it not wanting to start. This is usually only a problem immediately after you shut it off. If it sits for a while it will usually statrt back up. The Fuel pump solenoid seems to be the problem,(this per the dealer). I have replaced it once; but continue to have the same problem. With the solenoid connected to the tractors wiring; you can only turn the key once or twice before the solenoid doesn't pull the plunger back. It acts as if you are loosing voltage to the solenoid. I have checked this and it appears ok.

The dealer thought it was highly unlikely that the new solenoid was bad. He is checking with Deer, but so far hasn't found out anything.

I know this question has been posted before, and it had been corrected by changing the solenoid. I am not sure this will remedy my problems. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

/ Fuel Pump Solenoid #2  
well, I can't really say what exactly, but you must have a weak relay, or wiring issue upstream. I would look up the parts diagram at JDParts. This has helped me a lot.