Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader.

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader. #1  

Zebrafive

Tractor
John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415
After adding the third function to my JD 640 SL loader it had SIX quick couplers to deal with when removing/attaching the loader. I decided to "bite the bullet" and change to a MultiCoupler.

The hardest part was paying $500 for the MultiCoupler, then $50 for adapters. My 640 hoses were JIC female swivel. The Multicoupler was male ORFS. D.H.H. had the adapter, part nhumber FS6504-08-08. JD wanted about $50 for the mounting bracket, so I made my own. bracket 001.JPG
The handle really stuck out so I straightened it. bracket 002.JPGtractor 009.JPG
pclausen posted a picture of his new JD 5085M with H260 loader. His MultiCoupler was turned 90*5085h260-3.jpg
I decided to make a new bracket to turn my MultiCoupler 90*. I determined it had to be 3/4" thick and I could use socket head allen screws to attach it to the MultiCoupler. There was enough room to bolt it to the loader mount from the inside. I got M10 button head screws for this. I made a wood trial piece. I mounted it to the Multicoupler and determined where it would mount to the loader mount. I had to take into consideration the square pin that hold the loader boom to the loader mount, both for pin removal and storage. Next I built an aluminum mount from my wood pattern. I did not have a counterbore so I ground a drill to cut a flat bottom for that (might have only worked since I was using aluminum). I drilled and tapped three holes form the M10 button head screws. I transfered these holes to the loader mount and drilled them. jdmulticoupler 011.JPGjdmulticoupler 004.JPGjdmulticoupler 003.JPGjdmulticoupler 005.JPG
Before the MultiCoupler stuck out about 9 inches. Now it sticks out about 5 inches. The handle hit the hoses when it was closed so I had to rebend the dogleg in the handle. JD "H" series loader have a valve in the boom cylinder head end hose. I installed a valve the first time. I had to reverse the handle so the square loader attaching pin could be removed.jdmulticoupler 001.JPGjdmulticoupler 006.JPGjdmulticoupler 009.JPGjdmulticoupler 010.JPG

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader. #2  
Wondering if this multi coupler could be made to work for hitching remote hydraulic lines from an implement to the tractor? Thinking about making bracket on rear of tractor to hold the multi coupler. I'm trying to help a farmer who has severe hand arthritis and cannot grip hydraulic hoses from his implements to connect to hydraulic ports. From your pictures, it appears he could operate the lever and connect up to 4 hoses at once with good arm strength. Thoughts?

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader. #3  
This is setup for hooking and unhooking the same attachment/implement. Using for various attachments would need the base connection plus a detachable head for each implement & hose configuration.

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader. #4  
Local JD dealer said I could buy multiple "implement" heads to go with the tractor base. I'll need to fabricate a bracket for the back of the tractor so it does not interfere with 3-point implements. Then I think I'll use some short hose connections from the remote ports to the multi-coupler base. It looks like a complete 3-function multi-couple unit will cost around $770 plus stub hoses and fittings and bracket fab.

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader.
Wondering if this multi coupler could be made to work for hitching remote hydraulic lines from an implement to the tractor? Thinking about making bracket on rear of tractor to hold the multi coupler. I'm trying to help a farmer who has severe hand arthritis and cannot grip hydraulic hoses from his implements to connect to hydraulic ports. From your pictures, it appears he could operate the lever and connect up to 4 hoses at once with good arm strength. Thoughts?

If you have a suitable mounting position this would work. Another advantage is hoses would be correct position every time.

/ Installing a MultiCoupler on a JD 640 SL Loader.
Local JD dealer said I could buy multiple "implement" heads to go with the tractor base. I'll need to fabricate a bracket for the back of the tractor so it does not interfere with 3-point implements. Then I think I'll use some short hose connections from the remote ports to the multi-coupler base. It looks like a complete 3-function multi-couple unit will cost around $770 plus stub hoses and fittings and bracket fab.

I have an extra multi-coupler, PM sent