After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #1  

jtfx6552

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
What should I replace it with?

I was happy with the way the original lasted, should I get another one?

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #2  
I am a big fan of Interstate batteries myself.

7 years is pretty good for a deere battery.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #3  
I've had good luck and bad luck with Deere batteries. Some seem to last 8 years and the next one you're lucky to get 4. Had a couple Exides last 11 years in a L-8000 once.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #4  
I have a Sears Platuim in my truck going on 7 years old and still cranking my v10 just fine.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #5  
i got 10 years out of my last deere battery. Why wouldnt you stick with something that has treated you well

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #6  
i got 10 years out of my last deere battery. Why wouldnt you stick with something that has treated you well

As with everything else, what was good 10 years ago, doesn't mean it is good now.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #7  

As with everything else, what was good 10 years ago, doesn't mean it is good now.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #8  

What did you do to get 10 years of use out of it? Do you keep a trickle charger on it when not in use?

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #9  
I went to Optimas on everything I have. Once the original OEM battery goes bad, an Optima goes back in its place. Have had SUPER great luck with Optimas. Cost a little more, but seem to go alot farther, at least in my experience.

/ After 7 years, my original 4120 battery has died #10  
I use Odyssey or DieHard platinum (rebadged Odyssey) for my equipment where I need the highest dependability and longer storage times. Optimas' had problems for a few years with higher than normal failure rates but that has been awhile and hopefully they have resolved those issues. I have over 30 batteries to maintain and can't afford for all of them to be the best. For something that is used and recharged frequently such as a daily driver most less expensive batteries will work well for you. Things like a boat or camper needing deep cycle and longer storage intervals I prefer the agm Odyssey. So I have Walmart batteries in my trucks, about $80 each and Odysseys' in my truck camper about $250 each. For most frequent use applications that is simething you use a couple of times a month or more you can get by with almost any brand.