alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard)

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
anyone know of any quality alternatives to the J20D low vis hy guard? wanting to swap out the fluid in my 4410 e-hydro

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #3  
Does the label say it replaces JD20D? I would suspect it may be interchangeable but do not know for sure.

JD, Kubota, NH, MF etc.. all have their own blends. The unknown is what additives do they have Vs the "Universal" fluids?

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard)
It doesn't show it online. I can call them I guess.

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #5  
They only hold 6-7 gallons, is there a reason for not wanting the low vis hygard? The above mentioned oil is probably closer to a 20wt than a 10wt oil.

6.8 gallons i believe. and yes, there is a reason.

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #7  
Sorry, did not mean to pry.

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #8  
They only hold 6-7 gallons, is there a reason for not wanting the low vis hygard? The above mentioned oil is probably closer to a 20wt than a 10wt oil.

6.8 gallons i believe. and yes, there is a reason.

I'm sure the reason probably has something to do with the $100/5gallon pail price tag on the Low Vis Hy-Gaurd.

I have searched high and low and I have found many aftermarket brands that meet or exceed J20C (Hy-Guard) specs... but I have yet to find any aftermarket brands that meet or exceed J20D (Low-Vis Hy-Guard).

/ alternatives to J20D (low vis hy guard) #9  
I suspect Kubota Super UDT would meet the JD20D but it also $$$$$. Next question is, what does a new HST cost if the oil doesn't work?

I suspect Kubota Super UDT would meet the JD20D but it also $$$$$. Next question is, what does a new HST cost if the oil doesn't work?

is this a trick question? i'll go ahead and answer anyway. likely more than any J20D fluid that does work. :thumbsup: