3pt arms

/ 3pt arms #1  

thomas9n

Tractor
jd3032 1951jdmt
iv'e had my 3032 for three weeks now,and have used four different attachments. when i have to adjust three pt. arms they don't move real easy, so i use a adjustable wrench and am scatching the adjustment arms. ive greased the arms but still need to use the wrench, ive got old er tractors dont mind scatching them a little but hate doing this to the new one! thought about cutting the right size wrench in half to turn them easier anyone else have this problem? tom

/ 3pt arms #3  
Are you talking about the sway control adjustment using the turnbuckles? On my 3032, I can turn the turnbuckles by hand once the lock nut is loosened (very awkward) and there's no load on the arms. With an implement attached, I raise it and then pull to create slack to adjust the amount of sway. I've got the lower arms set now so that I don't have to do much of this anymore and use Pat's Easy Change hooks to boot. Makes everything so much simpler.

/ 3pt arms #4  
Have you consider getting a quick hitch system, I know for myself changing out all the time was a pain with quick hitch it makes things simple, just a thought...

/ 3pt arms
fireman= yes have thought about quick-hitch but my equipment is older and i don't think a quick-hitch will work on all of it