Oil & Fuel new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think

/ new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think #1  
i noticed some oil or fuel on the gravel driveway where i park the tractor. the tractor was purchased new in april. anyway husband went to put fuel in it and noticed it was leaking diesel fuel from a over flow valve is what he said. Now the tractor was empty, can anyone tell me what going on before I call the dealership, wonder if under warrenty. uggg

/ new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think #2  
Not sure what he might be calling an overflow valve. Can you post a picture of the leak area?

/ new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think
Ill try to get a picture tomorrow but I looked at the valve and its actually a black tube that is very flexible. I assume its rubber but it hangs under the middle of the tractor around where you put the the diesel fuel in and you can stick your finger in the tube and this is where leaking and can tell it is the fuel. Seems to leaked when he was putting the fuel in the tank but then seems to stop after a few minutes and I went to check the amount of gas in the tank after a few hours and it does not seem to go down still is fuel so I am really baffled.

Last edited:
   / new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think
tractor.jpg here is the picture can anyone help

/ new jd compact tractor 3205 in april, diesel fuel leaking out over flow valve i think #5  
That appears to be the overflow hose. There is a cupped shield around the fuel filler neck with a hose attached to it. If you spill any fuel or overfill the tank, the excess fuel runs into the cup and down on the ground instead of running down over the tank and onto the wiring under the tank area. If you tend to overfill the tank, it would be smart to place a container under the hose to catch the overflow. Parts 2 and 3 are the hose and cup/shield.

Attachments

• MP40094________UN22AUG07.gif
    MP40094________UN22AUG07.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 282
that is what we thought but when he went to put gas into the tank when it started leaking, tank was empty and he said he did not overflow it or spill it, Ill watch it next time we do it again. tks