59" snowblower hydraulic chute

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute #1  

Phunge

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone has added a hydraulic chute deflector to their 59" front snowblower? I have a manual cable chute deflector control for my 54" snowblower on my 2320, and it works great for me. My gravel drive requires quite a bit of finesse when snowblowing to avoid the windows on my house, vehicles in the drive, cars driving by on the road and prevailing winds to keep the snow out of my face. I'm upgrading to a 3520 with the 59" front snowblower and would love to utilize the Electrohydraulic 3rd SCV on the joystick to control the chute deflector.

I noticed the frontier rear snowblowers have a hydraulic chute deflector option:
447726_kj_sb11_opt_hyd_chute_deflector_275.jpg

Interested to see if any fellow members have done a similar mod for the 59" blower?

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute #2  
Phunge said:
Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone has added a hydraulic chute deflector to their 59" front snowblower? I have a manual cable chute deflector control for my 54" snowblower on my 2320, and it works great for me. My gravel drive requires quite a bit of finesse when snowblowing to avoid the windows on my house, vehicles in the drive, cars driving by on the road and prevailing winds to keep the snow out of my face. I'm upgrading to a 3520 with the 59" front snowblower and would love to utilize the Electrohydraulic 3rd SCV on the joystick to control the chute deflector.

I noticed the frontier rear snowblowers have a hydraulic chute deflector option:

Interested to see if any fellow members have done a similar mod for the 59" blower?

I had considered such a unit for my blower which is rear mounted. There are companies which offer hydraulic cylinders reasonably and the hoses and fittings can be had from your dealer or an auto parts store. This is easily do- able. The cylinder which Deere uses costs about $300. There's a company called Agri- Supply in the SE part of the country which sells the cylinders. They also carry a good brand of lawn mower blades made by Oregon.

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute
Thanks for the feedback. I think i'm going to attempt this project in the fall. I may mock it up with some bits of cardboard to see how it might go together,and how much stroke would be required on the cylinder.

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute #4  
Phunge said:
Thanks for the feedback. I think i'm going to attempt this project in the fall. I may mock it up with some bits of cardboard to see how it might go together,and how much stroke would be required on the cylinder.

You'll need a 4 to 6" stroke. I had it all figured out but found that I really didn't need it with the surroundings I had. I can pretty much let the snow fly anywhere w/ o worry. If I had installed the hydraulic deflector it would have been more for ego than use! I can understand your dilemma and would have installed one if I was in a residential area. Good luck on your project!

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute
Thanks!

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute #6  
I put an 12v linear accuator on my shoot on the rear mount blower , my hydraulics were used up to rotate so i went electric , works awesome

/ 59" snowblower hydraulic chute #7  
Still working awsome??? Any pictures, electric or hydr. rotation?