4X20 windshield wiper/washer

/ 4X20 windshield wiper/washer #1  

JB Farm

Has anyone done any modification to the windshield washer on a 4X20 so that it can actually do some good? I don't know if everyone's is like mine, but mine only squirts on the lower half of the window. It does a good job where it gets wet, but I look out the top half not the bottom half. If others are getting complete coverage when it squirts, then maybe I should let them look at it under warranty.

Thanks

/ 4X20 windshield wiper/washer
Rockgod, thanks, that's cool.

I was trying to figure out how to get it up further on the arm, but that looks like a better way. Have you done this to your tractor? I have been wanting to pull the top off to insulate it, as I think the A/C sucks on these tractors. I just haven't brought myself to do it yet but now I will since I have 2 things to fix.

Thanks again.

/ 4X20 windshield wiper/washer #4  
Rockgod, thanks, that's cool.

I was trying to figure out how to get it up further on the arm, but that looks like a better way. Have you done this to your tractor? I have been wanting to pull the top off to insulate it, as I think the A/C sucks on these tractors. I just haven't brought myself to do it yet but now I will since I have 2 things to fix.

Thanks again.

Haven't taken the time to make it happen. Like you, I'll most likely wait until the top has to come off. Let us know how you make out!

/ 4X20 windshield wiper/washer #5  
It is not that the air conditioner sucks as much as it is the seal between the roof top is not sealed very well. Pull your top off and take a look around where the seal is. That was what I found. YMMV

/ 4X20 windshield wiper/washer #6  
It would appear that John Deere has changed the design. I just picked up a new 4520 last week (built June 12th) and both the front and rear washers are attached to the wiper and work great.