Tractor
    Kubota M135X, Kubota M120, John Deere 7920

Default John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem

Our John Deere 7920 is having a problem with the 3 point hitch it wont go all the way up, it's not the settings on the computer because it says it's going all the way up to 150 it's really staying at 100-105 I can't figure out why it won't go all the way up any suggestions besides bringing it to John Deere, it also keeps pumping as if it's trying to go up.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Default Re: John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem

Not sure how the height sensor works, maybe it's out of adjustment? I would say maybe it's not calibrated right, but i it showing it's position and is set up all the way it should be right. Haven't had any problems on any of our 30 series, which I'd say is the same. Did you try pressing all the up buttons, the one on the side of the 3pt control, and the ones on the back if equipped? Some even have a height setting under a cover on the back of the raise/lower slider. We just got our 7130 premium and it's a bit different than our junk 7230 that we replaced after owning for 6 months. Had a 6410 before that.

Tractor
    John Deere 40, John Deere 850, John Deere 950, John Deere 1450, John Deere 316, MF 275, Case 1845c

Sounds like electrical...probably some dirt in the sensor or possible corrosion...try washing the *** end out really well and look to see if anythings loose or chewed through...not much you can do on the newer stuff.

Platinum Member

Try raising up on the arms when they are as high as they go. Make sure something is no physically binding them . I sounds like the problem is likely the hitch position sensor. If the sensor is showing the hitch is all the way up, the computer won't allow it to raise any further.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by roush9799
    Not sure how the height sensor works, maybe it's out of adjustment? I would say maybe it's not calibrated right, but i it showing it's position and is set up all the way it should be right. Haven't had any problems on any of our 30 series, which I'd say is the same. Did you try pressing all the up buttons, the one on the side of the 3pt control, and the ones on the back if equipped? Some even have a height setting under a cover on the back of the raise/lower slider. We just got our 7130 premium and it's a bit different than our junk 7230 that we replaced after owning for 6 months. Had a 6410 before that.
    The John Deere dealer said that it only happens on the small frame 6000 series and 7000 small frame series not on the large frame ones all the buttons are up and it won't go any further than halfway

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by SantasForest
    Sounds like electrical...probably some dirt in the sensor or possible corrosion...try washing the *** end out really well and look to see if anythings loose or chewed through...not much you can do on the newer stuff.
    Maybe but I just washed the tractor and than it was working fine and than it started doing it

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jd110
    Try raising up on the arms when they are as high as they go. Make sure something is no physically binding them . I sounds like the problem is likely the hitch position sensor. If the sensor is showing the hitch is all the way up, the computer won't allow it to raise any further.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I'm almost positive it could be the hitch sensor