3-Point Hitch John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem

/ John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem #1  

jacejackson14

Tractor
Kubota M135X, Kubota M120, John Deere 7920
Our John Deere 7920 is having a problem with the 3 point hitch it wont go all the way up, it's not the settings on the computer because it says it's going all the way up to 150 it's really staying at 100-105 I can't figure out why it won't go all the way up any suggestions besides bringing it to John Deere, it also keeps pumping as if it's trying to go up.

/ John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem #2  
Not sure how the height sensor works, maybe it's out of adjustment? I would say maybe it's not calibrated right, but i it showing it's position and is set up all the way it should be right. Haven't had any problems on any of our 30 series, which I'd say is the same. Did you try pressing all the up buttons, the one on the side of the 3pt control, and the ones on the back if equipped? Some even have a height setting under a cover on the back of the raise/lower slider. We just got our 7130 premium and it's a bit different than our junk 7230 that we replaced after owning for 6 months. Had a 6410 before that.

/ John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem #3  
Sounds like electrical...probably some dirt in the sensor or possible corrosion...try washing the *** end out really well and look to see if anythings loose or chewed through...not much you can do on the newer stuff.

/ John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem #4  
Try raising up on the arms when they are as high as they go. Make sure something is no physically binding them . I sounds like the problem is likely the hitch position sensor. If the sensor is showing the hitch is all the way up, the computer won't allow it to raise any further.

/ John Deere 7920 Three Point Hitch Problem
roush9799 said:
Not sure how the height sensor works, maybe it's out of adjustment? I would say maybe it's not calibrated right, but i it showing it's position and is set up all the way it should be right. Haven't had any problems on any of our 30 series, which I'd say is the same. Did you try pressing all the up buttons, the one on the side of the 3pt control, and the ones on the back if equipped? Some even have a height setting under a cover on the back of the raise/lower slider. We just got our 7130 premium and it's a bit different than our junk 7230 that we replaced after owning for 6 months. Had a 6410 before that.

The John Deere dealer said that it only happens on the small frame 6000 series and 7000 small frame series not on the large frame ones all the buttons are up and it won't go any further than halfway

SantasForest said:
Sounds like electrical...probably some dirt in the sensor or possible corrosion...try washing the *** end out really well and look to see if anythings loose or chewed through...not much you can do on the newer stuff.

Maybe but I just washed the tractor and than it was working fine and than it started doing it

jd110 said:
Try raising up on the arms when they are as high as they go. Make sure something is no physically binding them . I sounds like the problem is likely the hitch position sensor. If the sensor is showing the hitch is all the way up, the computer won't allow it to raise any further.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I'm almost positive it could be the hitch sensor