2210 won't start just clicks

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #1  

dog5farm

Tractor
John Deere 2210
2210 won't start when turning ignition key, all I hear is a click. Charged the battery and did a load test with a Harbor Freight tester-registered low on the good scale. Tried another battery and the same click sound. Is there anyway to jump across the starter terminals to test it? I looked at the starter and it doesn't look like the 1960-70's car starter terminals I'm used to. Any ideas out there on the problem are welcome. Could it be the safety switches and how and where do I test them? Thanks, Mel

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #2  
2210 won't start when turning ignition key, all I hear is a click. Charged the battery and did a load test with a Harbor Freight tester-registered low on the good scale. Tried another battery and the same click sound. Is there anyway to jump across the starter terminals to test it? I looked at the starter and it doesn't look like the 1960-70's car starter terminals I'm used to. Any ideas out there on the problem are welcome. Could it be the safety switches and how and where do I test them? Thanks, Mel

before you go any further, find both ends of the ground wire off of the battery, remove, clean and reinstall.

This is a MAJOR cause of not starting

Clean all corrosion and spray on a battery lead protector.

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #3  

after you clean batt cables if it dont start u can short acrossed the starter it should then fire if not 3 secs of starting juice oh clicking is the fuel shut off swhitch on the injector pump

/ 2210 won't start just clicks
Yes, the cables and posts are clean. Also tried jumping from another battery. Same results. Thanks case245-I was wondering what exactly the click was. Mel

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #5  
do you hear the starter click or the fuel shut off?

If you hear the starter clicking check the ground strap from the battery to the block/frame alot of the times these will go missing or become damaged and you lose a ground. If that is good your starter may need to be replaced. Also check the fuse and the wires from the ignition to the starter.

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #6  
Got the same symtoms on my JD . Found starter was toast. got a after market on ebay . $98.quality may be an issue in the future but I use it so little I can buy 5 starters for the price of 1 JD unit

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #7  
while the posts may look clean, check to make sure that the strap isn't broken. Also the ground strap was my problem when I had the same thing going on with mine. Actually used a bigger gauge wire and grounded it else where. But when I looked at the battery post they looked fine, then I took the positive off and it was actually broken on the bottom and I wouldn't have known unless I took it off to look at it.

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #8  
There are several items in the start circuit. The key switch sends power to the F2 fuse, and from there to the pto switch neutral, the range lever neutral, the seat switch, the safety relay, and the starter relay. There are also some diodes in these circuits to assure they work properly. Have you determined if the click is from the starter? If you try putting range lever in gear ad attempt to start, does the click go away or change to different location? The clicking can be fuel shut-off solenoid, fuel relay, starter, starter relay, or safety relay. Figuring out which item is clicking and when, can narrow the possible problem.

/ 2210 won't start just clicks #10  
Having trouble with my Kubota Zero Turn Lawn Mower. It seems to be the brake pressure switch but can't find one -- turn the key, it clicks clicks clicks. Push the brake several times. Sometimes it starts first time, sometimes 7th time, sometimes 25th time! Anybody?